Sunday 17 January 2021

The Link Up: EHD’s Go-To Decorative Pillow (psst it’s 50% Off), Ryann’s Chelsea Boots, The At-Home Gym Reveal You Need To See

Hey all! Another week down of 2021… I think we are all taking it one day at a time. So please take care of yourself this week everyone. Now let’s get into the link up!

Did you see Orlando’s incredibly creative and inspiring new at-home gym?? Well, I think we can all say that we are both really happy for him and extremely jealous. It’s SO freaking great. Note: As he disclaims at the beginning of the post, he discusses body image, weight gain and loss, fitness, etc. While it’s beautifully written, but if that’s something you are not wanting or able to read about then maybe just skip this one. Again, we all need to take care of ourselves<3

We’re smitten by this home tour by Colombe Studio via Remodelista. Everything about this space is so special. That powder bathroom makes us want to use red paint more (especially with that mismatched bathroom tile trend)…why does it work SO WELL?! AND THOSE DOORS. And the KITCHEN?? Scroll through all the photos, you cannot (we REPEAT CANNOT) miss this one.

From Emily: What I love about this relatable house tour so much (beyond being in Portland) is the story at the end about marriage, love, and finding yourself in your life. The way she talks about how supportive her ex-husband was/is made me smile and tear up – I was so, so happy for her. 

From Jess: One of my dearest friends is an artist and finally just launched her website where you can buy her work! She meticulously creates these insane “strange portraits” with ink pens. The time that goes into them is remarkable. It would be such a cool piece for someone who wants something different and who likes supporting artists/small businesses.

Also from Jess: I know that we may all be a bit tired of the “spark joy” culture that took over 2019. But y’all. I just saw Marie Kondo’s new line at The Container Store and have my eye HEAVILY on it. First, this bin is so pretty. You know I love me a grid pattern. And second is the incredible extra large flatware drawer organizer (I guess it could work maybe work for jewelry too). But why I love it so much is because it would fit perfectly in my enormous flatware drawer. This is may be the answer to my “why can’t I find a fork” prayers.

From Ryann: Madewell is having their secret stock sale and because up to 70% off is too good a deal to pass up, I went through the rabbit hole and checked out every single item they have marked down. I practiced great self-control if I do say so myself, by asking myself “do I really need it??” more often than I care to admit. There was just one item I felt YES, I actually do. I love classic black Chelsea boots and have had a pair from Urban Outfitters for years but they are truly beat to hell. And not in a cute way. So when I saw these and checked out the price tag and reviews, I was like, OKAY GIRL these are it. I am hopeful they will be another staple boot that I cherish and wear for years and years

From Albie: It takes a brave soul to get white cookware, and even though that level of bravery isn’t a badge I wear, I can’t help but drool over this set. The stylist in me immediately sees these and thinks these would make great props for a kitchen photo session. Can you see it? But I didn’t just check these out for the looks. This is the first set that ever brought die casting to my attention. I love the idea of having a singular unit so that I’m not fussing with the screws of the pots while washing. The design of this set was really thoughtful, for function and aesthetic. P.S. it also comes in black so thank me later.

From Mallory: The other day we were talking about our favorite Instagram accounts we follow and Caitlin and I realized we’re both OBSESSED with Black Lacquer Design (also named Caitlin). Her work is SO fun and everything she’s designed makes me want to live in it immediately. If you don’t follow her, now’s the time!! And I mean WHAT a cool and sexy name for a design firm, COME ON.

From Caitlin: Hear me out: I’m obsessed with the round velvet pillow from West Elm. Like, yeah, there’s something to be said for the aesthetic value of shaking up your throw pillow arrangement with a fun shape (and believe me, we’ve said it in almost every post about styling pillows!) but MAN, this thing is the perfect size and thickness to use between your knees at night. I’ve had one since 2018 and the black ones are on super sale ($19.99!) so I just ordered one to use while I’m still hiding out at my mom’s house. Like, something that looks cute AND it can make you feel better when you wake up? SIGN ME UP.

Also From Caitlin: O.M.G. This is an ultra long piece but it’s so, so, so good. I don’t even know how to begin to describe it (Tom Hanks? Bookstores? Cancer? Independence? Tornadoes? Yoga?) but I promise it’s worth it. (PS. Arlyn also recommended this on her blog so you KNOW it’s REALLY good. Also, here’s a link to Ann Patchett’s book of essays because you’re gonna wanna read it the minute you finish. She’s so talented!!!)

The end. Thanks for reading and we’ll see you next week!

Opening Image Credits: Design by Colombe Studio | Photo by Kasia Gatkowska, courtesy of Colombe Studio | via Remodelista

The post The Link Up: EHD’s Go-To Decorative Pillow (psst it’s 50% Off), Ryann’s Chelsea Boots, The At-Home Gym Reveal You Need To See appeared first on Emily Henderson.



from Emily Henderson https://stylebyemilyhenderson.com/blog/at-home-gym

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Back Patio Reveal! (+ How Everything’s Held Up To 6 Months Of Portland Weather)

The light at the end of the construction tunnel is getting bigger and brighter every day – we are hoping to be fully blinded by June. So i...