Sunday 3 January 2021

The Link Up: Emily’s Favorite Everyday Puffer, Jess’s Productive Little Notepad, And The Face Sunscreen You Should Use All Winter

WELCOME TO 2021. We’re HAPPILY kissing 2020 goodbye, and are ready for a mental clean slate and frankly, for better news all around this year. A big THANK YOU to you guys for sticking around through it all. We’re so so happy you’re here. Now onto the first link up of 2021. Let’s go!

This week’s house tour is a gorgeous minimalist renovation by And And And Architecture Studio (remember this kitchen island!) and Studio LifeStyle. The arches in this space will melt your heart (some of which are in the form of LARGE metal windows that are no exception). It’s a design dream that has the perfect touch of cool California style. Check this one out, for sure.

From Emily: I found my go-to everyday cute and warm coat. I have a heavy parka (that red one) and I have fleeces but I didn’t have a big lightweight but WARM sleeping bag jacket that feels as light as air but is still SO WARM. And I love that it comes down to my calf so that I don’t have to wear crazy warm pants also (I can just wear with athleisure). It’s about 40 degrees up here and I can wear it with a long sleeve t-shirt, but it’s also forgiving enough to layer a sweatshirt underneath. And my girlfriends were very surprised at how flattering it is (the pockets are in the front, with zippers not on the side adding bulk). Right now it’s on sale for $79.99 (normally $129.99)

From Mallory: new year new face sunscreen!! Just because it’s winter doesn’t mean you shouldn’t put a HEALTHY dose of sunscreen on your face every day. AND BOY OH BOY DID I FIND A GOOD ONE. I’ve recommended Coola’s fragrance free face sunscreen on this blog before, but when I went to replenish my supply they only had cucumber, so I took a leap of faith and IT’S EVEN BETTER THAN FRAGRANCE FREE! I have VERY sensitive skin and this irritates it none. So grab yourself some Coola cucumber and enjoy your perfectly lightly spf’ed skin 🙂

From Caitlin: Coming in hot with my new favorite drink recipe!!! We partnered with Cointreau last month on Instagram so as the partnerships person, I obviously had to buy a bottle…for research. Business. You know, definitely NOT for my own enjoyment. ANYWAY – Em ended up making Cosmopolitans with Brian for our partnership (there’s a very cute behind-the-scenes IGTV here if you want her recipe) but I’m NOT a big vodka person, so I stumbled upon this recipe for a Whiskey Ginger Spice and OH. MY. GOSH. GUYS. What a delight! I’m usually a whiskey sour girl but this just felt a little extra festive and special for the winter – loved it. (PS. I just used ground ginger and played around until it tasted good because I have no idea what “two inches of ginger” means, but still 10/10.)

From Albie: Dry Food Dispenser, Dual Control – Life is all about the simple pleasure, am I right? With the kitchen reno about to kick off, shopping the little everyday necessities has been just as necessary (and satisfying) as sourcing the finishes for the overall design. This lil goodie has been on my mind to get for YEARS, especially since we love our cereal here and never have less than 2 boxes open at a time. With plans to add a whole new wall of counters to the kitchen — I’m thinking it’ll be my breakfast and baking bar — the cereal dispenser will be right at home. The real question is do I get white to match the cabinets or black to contrast. Decisions. Decisions.

From Ryann: I really need a good leather couch cleaner/conditioner but Amazon reviews scare the sh*t out of me. How can one person be like, “Amazing product!!!” and others be like, “This product ruined my life and my marriage”. It feels like I can’t trust anyone online except you guys so if you have any recs I’d be forever grateful. I did purchase this one already, but I am frankly terrified to use it unless someone I trust says it’s okay…HELP.

From Jess: When Sara so graciously cleaned out our old office, my apartment got a box of the leftover items. As I went through it I pulled out this little checklist. Turns out I love it despite it not being one I would have classically been drawn to. I need to make checklists every day and this one just makes it easy and kinda fun.

That’s all for this week! Thanks for tuning in and we’ll see you tomorrow! Xx

Opening Image Credit: Design by And And And Architecture Studio and Studio LifeStyle | Home of Ashley Lewis and Jim Gilio|Photography by Stephen Busken | via Domino

The post The Link Up: Emily’s Favorite Everyday Puffer, Jess’s Productive Little Notepad, And The Face Sunscreen You Should Use All Winter appeared first on Emily Henderson.



from Emily Henderson https://stylebyemilyhenderson.com/blog/best-notepad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Back Patio Reveal! (+ How Everything’s Held Up To 6 Months Of Portland Weather)

The light at the end of the construction tunnel is getting bigger and brighter every day – we are hoping to be fully blinded by June. So i...