Sunday 21 February 2021

The Link Up: Emily’s At-Home Hair Coloring Product, Jess’ Favorite Sweatshirt (Psst It’s $18), And The Non-Painful Hair Removal Tool We’re Obsessed With

Hi everyone! Welcome to another Sunday full of some really great links. But before we dive into it, we wanted to say our hearts go out to everyone in Texas. If you’re looking for ways to help you can click here, which is a spreadsheet via Jessica Yellin’s #NewsNotNoise, on where you can donate and help (plus it’s constantly being updated). Stay safe and know we are sending our love and support xx

Now let’s get into the links for this week…

Our home tour for this week single-handedly found a tone of purple we can ALL get behind. Not an easy feat. That purple drenched office, by Heidi Caillier Design, made us stop scrolling on Instagram full stop and we knew we had to check out the whole home…little did we know we’d fall in love with the kitchen and bedrooms. Check this space out –– it’s VERY good.

From Emily: It’s been a year since a professional touched my hair (I’m planning an appointment soon). Over the summer, I used lemon or sun-in, mixed with the sun, it does work (I know it’s not great for your hair but pretty sure neither is highlighting or going to an indoor salon a few months ago). Then I discovered this product which did make a subtle but noticeable difference and was super easy to use. It’s only for blondes and only for the areas where the sun would hit, but after applying it and blow drying it definitely brightened up the strands around my face that were looking super dull. It only lasted a few rounds and it is pretty expensive compared to sun-in ($28) but I love DP hue’s products in general so I trust it.

From Jess: I have found my perfect sweatshirt and it’s only $18!! Why is it my favorite? Well, it’s the perfect amount of cropped (and also doesn’t have that not always flattering waistband), looks real cute a little baggy, soft, comes in a bunch of colors, makes me look cool (at least I think so), and again is only $18! I first bought the gray and then ordered a black and red one:)

From Caitlin: I NEED TO SING THE PRAISES OF THE PAPIER WELLNESS JOURNAL. I just got another one of these – in snake print, if you must know, though I did consider bright marble or this minimalist colorblock – and I love them so, so, so much. There’s a two-page spread for every day with sections to track your sleep, your water intake, your mood for the day, meal planning, self-care goals, intentions, gratitude…IT’S ALL IN HERE. These journals have been so good for my mental health and I’m in love with all the new designs and GAH. 10000000/10! PS. I also ordered these fine liner colored pens to test out since I left most of my gel pens in LA – ew I’m so sorry for recommending pens this many times this year – and the 5 star reviews all speak for themselves. So bright, so fine, so beautiful!!! (I wonder if I’d have a boyfriend if I actually left my house and stopped writing sentences like that about pens every week!!)

Also From Caitlin: Does anyone have a recommendation for a super-hydrating daily body moisturizer? I use this one right now and I loooooove it, but it also has retinol in it so I try to only use it at night, which isn’t super convenient as I’m normally a morning shower gal. (Also it feels kind of expensive because I am a dry AF and my body just soaks up all lotion instantaneously like an old, cracked, tough sponge so I think I need a bigger container. #beauty) I love butters and am open to any scent – please advise!!!

From Mallory: I’ve been on a major hunt to find “my scent” for over a year now. I thought I had the perfume of my dreams locked down into place (and I do still use it often because it’s really the most fabulous smelling perfume), but apparently, it’s HIGHLY well known…you guessed it…it’s Santal 33 by Le Labo… if you google the word “perfume” it’s like the first or second one to come up so that’s how you know. I thought I didn’t care that it was “basic” and I was fully prepared to make it “my scent” until a year ago when I was at a bar (remember those?) and I met this cool girl standing next to me (remember friends?). She was one of those really cool girls that for some reason you desperately want to like you upon meeting. The first thing she said to me was “omg is that Santal 33 you’re wearing??” I was like “yes it is!” and then she said, “I used to wear that but then I realized everybody had it so I switched to a different Le Labo perfume.” I was like okay, that’s a little backhanded and I KNOW she didn’t have bad intentions, but I’ve never felt the same about wearing Santal 33 ever since that fateful night. I guess it’s a good conversation starter? Regardless I’m moving on and the hunt to find my new sent has been in full swing. I’ve been trying out lots and lots of perfume samples, but none of them have felt right. I’m discovering that I’m a sandalwood or cedarwood or some kind of wood girl, because I want to smell a lil smokey & sexy versus super floral-y and sweet. I recently got this perfume sample in the mail with one of my skincare purchases and was SHOCKED at how good it smells. I spritzed it all over my body and then all over my house because I think I love it. Then when I went to check out the price I was like ouch…is it worth it?? I’m gonna keep wearing this sample for a few days to see how I feel about it before I pull the trigger, and of course, I wanted to get your valuable opinions first. Has anyone tried this perfume??? Do you like it? What other perfumes should I try if not?? Thanks everyone for coming to my ted talk.

From Ryann: I wish I had this painless hair remover in my life when we did our recent skin care essentials post because it has become the MOST important step in my routine. It is not your typical skin care tool but hear me out. Usually, when my mustache starts to get out of hand I run to the nearest drug store and buy these waxing strips which A) hurt and B) irritate my skin. That is all in the past my friends since my future MIL introduced me to this baby. It has a circular electric razor that removes hair so flawlessly and doesn’t tug or hurt AT ALL. I don’t need to use it every day, don’t worry, but I like using it at least once a week because I recently heard that electric razors like this one are also great for removing dead skin!

Thanks for joining us this week and listening to our rants and reviews. We’ll see ya tomorrow 🙂

Opening Image Credit: Design by Heidi Caillier Design | Photo by Haris Kenjar

The post The Link Up: Emily’s At-Home Hair Coloring Product, Jess’ Favorite Sweatshirt (Psst It’s $18), And The Non-Painful Hair Removal Tool We’re Obsessed With appeared first on Emily Henderson.



from Emily Henderson https://stylebyemilyhenderson.com/blog/non-painful-hair-removal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Back Patio Reveal! (+ How Everything’s Held Up To 6 Months Of Portland Weather)

The light at the end of the construction tunnel is getting bigger and brighter every day – we are hoping to be fully blinded by June. So i...