Sunday 7 March 2021

The Link Up: Caitlin’s Favorite Madewell Item Is Back In Stock, Jess’s Fun (& Sustainable!) Shirt, and The Podcast Emily Can’t Stop Quoting

Hey everybody and welcome to another Sunday Link Up. It’s kinda like the Sunday paper, except for it has way less “news” and way more ladies telling you how excited they are about random things in their life. Oh and good house tours sometimes too. We’re just gonna dive right in this week…

This week’s home feature is a stunner Brooklyn brownstone designed by Estelle Bailey-Babenzien for Adrian Grenier’s mom (heeeyyy Devil Wears Prada we see you) via Domino. The home renovation took 4 years to complete and they focused heavily on environmentalism and sustainability which you can’t not love. Head over and check it out because Estelle killed this design!

From Emily: The podcast I’ve quoted 7 times already – Nurture Vs Nurture. I LOVE talking about parenting and anything that can help give me tools to be a better parent (especially now). I also love watching other people in therapy (I started last week BTW, FINALLY). So this podcast is a clinical child psychologist giving advice to real parents about their kid’s very normal issues (hereby relatable, like every episode I’m like “my kid does that!”). Some are slower than others, but I’ve already learned a lot and have quoted it back to friends multiple times this week (phrases like “parent deaf” and “task blind”). There is an episode where the family lives on the farm that got me very very excited for that in our future. Plus another episode about being strict (something Brian and I are particularly not good at being).

From Jess: When my friend Casey sent me a link to Orenda Tribe, an incredible indigenous-owned clothing brand, my immediate thoughts were I desperately want this shirt and I need to share this with the readers. Talk about fun, colorful, powerful, cool, AND sustainable clothing. Go look now!

Also From Jess: I think it’s fair to say that the design world (especially the Instagram design world) greatly overlooks the needs of the disability community. Actually, that’s a wild understatement. We are not exempt from this either. So when I came across a blog post from designer, Meagan Blau, about the importance of wheelchair transfer heights, I thought to myself “duh! we should all be thinking/know about this!” It’s a great and informative quick read and you should also go check out her designs:)

Have you seen Joy’s new house? Emily talked about the House Beautiful article but Joy revealed her living room on her blog. It’s playful, colorful, and yet so sophisticated. Go look now for an instant mood boost!

From Mallory: Everything I link up these days seems to be something my sister told me about and this week’s link is no exception. My sister bought this perfume set and if you read my previous link up about my perfume struggles, you know this could not have come at a better time for me. I’m SO into this because it has 5 different scents and they’re all awesome and totally depend on your mood. My favorites are the 3 on the right: indigo, ombre, and beau…especially for a lil outdoor patio smokey nighttime vibe. The other two on the right are a little more floral-y and daytime-y. All smelled sooo good. I’m obsessed!

Also from Mallory: THIS LITERALLY BLEW MY MIND SO QUICKLY I BOUGHT IT SO FAST WITHOUT ANY HESITATION. Have you ever been targeted for an ad on Instagram and thought “wow this solves a BIG problem in my life and I can’t believe I’ve gone on this long without it?” That was me with the Elevated Craft cocktail shaker. I didn’t even REALIZE how much I was bothered by the process of making a cocktail at home until I saw this. Once I saw the video, I IMMEDIATELY bought 2 of these cocktail shakers. It doesn’t make your hands cold, the lid is easily twist-off-able (so it won’t freeze and stick together) and it has a built-in measuring system within the lid so you don’t have to use a jigger AND you can make multiple cocktails at once. FRICKEN GENIUS HOW HAVE I NOT HAD THIS BEFORE.

From Ryann: I know I am not the only one who struggles with body image and body positivity so I wanted to share this book I started reading that has helped me reframe my perspective and the way I chose to view my body. It’s called More Than a Body: Your Body Is an Instrument, Not An Ornament and I won’t lie, it is very self-helpy BUT it does provide great insight and I’ve noticed a change in my thinking around body image already 🙂

From Caitlin: Madewell’s short overalls are finally back in stock and if you can’t tell, I’m very excited about it!!! I love, love, love Madewell’s full-length overalls – they’re my go-to piece when I need to wear real clothes because they are super flattering on me. Also somehow they ALWAYS fit, regardless of any fluctuations, like some sort of magic Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants garment – so I am THRILLED that their spring/summer equivalent is now available. Imagine this: no risk of plumbers’ crack, a front fit that makes you feel like you’re being cuddled and smoothed instead of stuffed, and you’ll never have to stand up and take a second to pull up your pants again. I never thought that the jumpsuit/one-piece life would be for me (big boobs, big butt, big hips) but I’m so glad that I was inspired by my fashionable coworkers because they’re a total slam dunk and I’m never looking back. OVERALLS FOR ALL FOLKS IN ALL SEASONS!!!

That’s all for now. Thanks everyone for reading and we’ll see you later! Have an awesome week xx

Opening Image Credit: Design by Estelle Bailey-Babenzien | Styling by Francesca DeShae | Photog By Max Burkhalter and Emily Andrews | via Domino

The post The Link Up: Caitlin’s Favorite Madewell Item Is Back In Stock, Jess’s Fun (& Sustainable!) Shirt, and The Podcast Emily Can’t Stop Quoting appeared first on Emily Henderson.



from Emily Henderson https://stylebyemilyhenderson.com/blog/best-affordable-perfumes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Back Patio Reveal! (+ How Everything’s Held Up To 6 Months Of Portland Weather)

The light at the end of the construction tunnel is getting bigger and brighter every day – we are hoping to be fully blinded by June. So i...