Sunday 14 March 2021

The Link Up: Jess’ Unreal Lemon Juice Hack, Mallory’s Awesome Target Find, and The Coolest AD House Tour An EHD Alum STYLED

Hello, happy Sunday, and welcome over to the blog. It’s been a busy week over here since we announced our newest project this last Wednesday: the river house new build (if you don’t know what we’re talking about then click here). And yes, the farmhouse is in full swing as well (a floor plan update post is coming for you soon!) So now that we’re all caught up/know what to look forward to, let’s get on with the link-up, shall we?

From Emily: THE WHOLE TEAM IS SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS WEEK’S HOUSE TOUR BECAUSE EMILY BOWSER STYLED THE WHOLE THING. You might’ve seen it already on AD, it’s Daveed Diggs and Emmy Raver-Lampman’s LA home. The design is by Many Cheng and like we said, styling by Bowser 🙂 Bowser is so talented and I’m so glad more of the world gets to see her magic. If you missed it, be sure to check it out!

From Sara: I recently learned that someone in my associated circle is going through something inexplicably hard. Their younger sibling (who is only 18) was witness to a very traumatic act of racial violence by a police officer. They have been subpoenaed and will be at a loss of work during the entirety of the trial (as they will have to be present throughout). Their older sibling is also leaving their job and life to go and stay with them during the duration of the trial as their support system and advocate. As you can imagine, this is going to be an extremely draining next few months – both financially and emotionally – for this family. While we can’t do much to support this family emotionally during the trial, we are hoping to raise some funds to help support them financially as they experience loss of work due to the trial. I’ve created a GoFundMe page, for accountability purposes, where anyone can give anonymously. These are financially difficult times for so many, and understand that I’m not able to share much information (in order to protect the privacy of this family). However, if you are financially able to redistribute anything I assure you that any money collected will be going 100% directly to this family. Even $5 donations add up when a community comes together 🙂

From Jess: When I was living in Melbourne, I discovered Third Drawer Down and still love it as much now as I did then. They started out in 2003 collaborating with artists making tea towels that honestly should be framed and not used for wiping up messes but to each their own. Now have expanded with tons of funny yet thought-provoking homewares and accessories. One of my personal favorites, that I just replaced this week after 5 years because the original is on its last leg, was this key chain. It makes me laugh and ironically encourages me to create. Go check them out if you don’t know them!

Also From Jess: So since I haven’t really been buying a ton of new things lately (aside from those sweatshirts. I officially have FIVE now), I thought I would shout out one of my life essentials… my glasses. First off, they are from Warby Parker who’s honestly the best. Using them is almost too easy, they are affordable, and they give back. So a couple of years ago I was really wanting to try “clear” glasses but didn’t know if I could pull them off (this is a pattern with me…I remember so clearly how nervous I was to try a middle part back in 2006. Could I really pull it off? After15 years of sporting it, I hope so). Anyway, I went to Warby Parker, tried on their Chamberlain frames in Crystal and I decided to take the plunge. Guess what?! I’ve never looked back. The additional reason why I love these frames is that they aren’t too small. That’s my biggest hurdle with frames. If they are too small, (to me) they make my face look larger and rounder. I wear the larger Ray-Ban aviators for the same reason. SO if this speaks to you too and you’ve been wanting to get some hip clear glasses, try the Chamberlain. I really love them and without them, I am pretty blind. Our relationship is very strong and codependent:)

Also Also From Jess: This lemon hack blew my mind and changed my life.

From Ryann: My cousin is a teacher in Pasadena and one of her students was shot in a terrible and tragic drive-by shooting. He is recovering in the hospital from life-threatening injuries right now so if you are able to help in any way, here is his gofundme page. Anything helps!

Also From Ryann: I just discovered THE GREATEST waste-free online shop and I am never going back. It’s called The Wally Shop and they sell bulk dry goods such as snacks, baking ingredients, grains, pastas, cleaning supplies and so much more. Also, it is all shipped in reusable packaging that you return to prevent any waste!! They really make it SO easy to shop sustainably that I officially buy at least 50% of my groceries from them. I know you can go to a farmers market and bring your own bags and containers to further reduce waste from shipping, but if that isn’t an option where you live this is an amazing alternative.

From Caitlin: I’m not a particularly huge fan of rom-coms or romance novels or anything in that vein, but I just discovered the Our Love Story podcast and IT’S SO CUTE AND HEARTWARMING. I normally fall asleep to Kara Swisher’s Sway (it comes out twice a week, but it takes me a few nights to get through each episode since I conk out almost immediately every night) and now I’m discovering the joy of dozing off to something light and breezy!!! The stories are SO GOOD – even the ones that I’m like “ehhhhh not interested in this” after reading the description end up being so much fun to listen to. 10/10, very tender, guaranteed mood-booster!!

Also From Caitlin: There is some REALLY good furniture in Anthro’s sale section right now. My favorite is this almost-50%-off dining table, which I would buy in a heartbeat if I could fit an 80″ table in my dining room.

One Last One From Caitlin: SORRY, just enjoying a lot of media this week!!! I’m obsessed with this quick story on the last lost tourist – basically, this German guy deplaned in Bangor, ME in the 1970s and thought he was in San Francisco. My favorite part: “Within days, Kreuz became an honorary member of the Penobscot Indian Nation, had a folk song written about him, was thrown a 50th birthday party, and was visited by the governor of Maine. He was even gifted an acre of scrubland in northern Maine as an act of goodwill.” I laughed, I cried, and now I need to read a full book about this guy ASAP because this article was not long enough!!!

From Mallory: I bought this on an impulse buy and I’m OBSESSED with it. It’s small but cute and so great if you have the space for it! Plus it’s only $100 which is pretty good for a well-designed ottoman. 10/10.

That’s all for this week. We hope that you found some great new finds and if you can, any support for Sara and Ryann’s GoFundMe pages would be insanely appreciated. Thanks everyone for reading along and we’ll see you next week 🙂 xx

Opening Image Credits: Photo by Yoshihiro Makino | Design by Mandy Cheng | Styling by Emily Bowser | via Architectural Digest

The post The Link Up: Jess’ Unreal Lemon Juice Hack, Mallory’s Awesome Target Find, and The Coolest AD House Tour An EHD Alum STYLED appeared first on Emily Henderson.



from Emily Henderson https://stylebyemilyhenderson.com/blog/dining-tables-on-sale

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Back Patio Reveal! (+ How Everything’s Held Up To 6 Months Of Portland Weather)

The light at the end of the construction tunnel is getting bigger and brighter every day – we are hoping to be fully blinded by June. So i...