Sunday 21 March 2021

The Link Up: Ryann’s $16 Lululemon Legging Dupe, Caitlin’s Cleaning Hack, and The Shampoo That Makes Your Hair Smell AMAZING

Hey y’all and welcome to another Sunday’s link up. It’s officially been 1 year of lockdown (wow) and we hope you’ve all been dealing with this all the best that you can. If you missed it, we reflected on the last year (with some fun before and afters pre and post-pandemic) in this blog post last week so feel free to read it and hopefully it’s relatable. We also want to express our complete support and solidarity with the AAPI community. We have to be vigilant and purposeful with our words and actions to have any hope in eradicating this horrendous and unforgivable hatred. Anti-racism is a verb.

From Emily: In light of the past week’s hate crime against Asian American women, I found this article to be informative and was very grateful to the writer for putting it out there to the masses. There is a go-fund-me for one of the victim’s families (single mom of two boys) to help care for the boys as their hard-working mom is now gone and their family is in South Korea. We’ve got to be better. If anyone knows of other go-fund-me pages for the other victims please share in the comments.

I’m sorry but is that a marble fluted kitchen island??? Why yes it is and the brilliant Arent & Pyke design firm is responsible for it. Go take a peek at the rest of the photos and indulge in the most calming but still colorful color palettes out there.

From Ryann: I think I might need to start a series called “Tik Tok made me buy it” because the Gen Zers on that app have introduced me to some of my favorite products. I recently bought these leggings that are a perfect dupe for Lulu Lemon leggings thanks to a teenage influencer and they are SO soft and so comfortable. I am definitely someone who needs cute work out clothes just to motivate me to work out, and these are IT, folks.

Another house tour from My Domaine! If there’s one thing to take away from this home is that STYLING CAN BE EVERYTHING. Homeowner, Bryan Smith (a fashion stylist), enlisted the help of Kerry Vasquez and turned this old Hollywood, Spanish-style home into a light, bright, and very well-styled space. It’s more on the minimalist side, so if that’s you’re thing go check it out. Well even if it’s not your thing it’s still pretty so you should also check it out 🙂

From Jess: Since the only thing I feel like I’ve truly successfully conquered this year was my skincare routine (sad?), I really want to protect this face I’ve got and not undone all the work I’ve put in. And while I love my Yankees and Cubs baseball caps, I want some more “fashionable” hat options. I really love the look of this one! Plus it’s packable which sounds like it’s pretty durable. Do any of you have it? Thoughts? Feelings?

From Caitlin: OH. MY. GOSH. I have discovered the best grocery store cheese and I need everyone to try it!! It’s the Sartori Sarvecchio Parmesan Wedge, it is less than $7 at Target (it’s like $10 at my local grocery store), and IT IS INCREDIBLE. The label was like, “this is fruity and nutty and caramel-y AND it’s the “best cheese” award winner” (paraphrasing, but that’s the general sentiment) and my reaction was like, “yeah, I’m sure the only Parmesan wedge I can afford is great ::rolling eyes::,” and I WAS WRONG. I hit the jackpot! I bought it to grate but I have been eating it straight off the block like a heathen because it is so, so, so delicious. If you spot this little guy in the cheese case on your next grocery store run (it’s sold nationwide), GET IT. To that end, does anyone else have any favorite affordable grocery store cheeses? I will also scream about Trader Joe’s Honey Goat Cheese, if you want.

Also From Caitlin: Ah, yes, just an everyday, run-of-the-mill, totally normal story about a guy who bought a bowl for $35 from a Connecticut yard sale before learning that it’s a 15th-century Ming dynasty artifact worth…uh, A LOT MORE than $35. Mind. blown.

Also Also From Caitlin: I’m so sorry to have three links this week but I CANNOT WAIT for my next cleaning-centric post to spread the word about this scrub sponge/brush!!! I bought 3 of these on Monday – one for my kitchen counters, one for my bathroom counters, and one for my shower (because I am a little particular about what gets used where) – and oh my gosh, it is now my all-time favorite sponge. If you have old tile that’s looking a little worse for the wear, one of these bad boys and a little bit of Comet cleaner will CHANGE YOUR LIFE. I had 4 months of caked-on dust/grime (live next to a main road and my 100-year-old windows don’t, uh, close) and this made getting it all up SO EASY AND PAINLESS. I love you, scrubber!!!

From Mallory: If you’re a boujee sunscreen person you may know of the brand Sun Bum…it’s the one with the wooden-looking packaging and it smells AMAZINGLY GOOD (like bananas!) I was recently at CVS grabbing some goods and I found out that SUN BUM HAS A SHAMPOO/CONDITIONER AND IT SMELLS EVEN BETTER THAN THE SUNSCREEN. You must try it. I can’t wait to have my hair smelling like bananas (in a good way) all summer long.

That’s all for this week. Thanks, everyone for being along for the ride with us. We love you and see you tomorrow. xx

Opening Image Credit: Design by Arent & Pyke | Photo by Prue Ruscoe

The post The Link Up: Ryann’s $16 Lululemon Legging Dupe, Caitlin’s Cleaning Hack, and The Shampoo That Makes Your Hair Smell AMAZING appeared first on Emily Henderson.



from Emily Henderson https://stylebyemilyhenderson.com/blog/lululemon-legging-sale-amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Back Patio Reveal! (+ How Everything’s Held Up To 6 Months Of Portland Weather)

The light at the end of the construction tunnel is getting bigger and brighter every day – we are hoping to be fully blinded by June. So i...