Saturday 12 June 2021

Are We Wearing Jeans Again? An Honest Denim Review At Both High And Low Price Points

I’m not sure if we are ready for this but here goes. A couple weeks ago as we were shooting the bold dress roundup I realized that I had a lot of denim with me that I was showing Mal and Veronica. At the time I was doing a partnership with Rent the Runway and Madewell (both just for social not for here), and then my friend Annie (whose house we shot at) also had some jeans, too. So as I was giving a personal review session for Annie, Mal and Veronica, we were like – oh we should at least shoot this and post about it. I only bought one pair of jeans during quarantine and was looking for a new more modern profile but I can NOT do the baggy mom jean thing (???) So here are the ones that I had on hand that I like and wanted to share.

High Waist Straight Jean, $79

These were my first foray into the straight “mom” jean and are actually affordable (originally $79 but now on sale at $55). I really like how they hugged the thigh/butt but then loosened, rather than being baggy the whole way down. They are very non-stretchy so there isn’t a lot of give in them (similar to Levi’s) so they are better out and about pants than sitting at your desk pants. Brian thought that the ripped hole was a bit extreme but Mal and Veronica liked it. I liked these with heels but they are a bit long so I’d have to restyle them for non heels.

Relaxed Jeans in Springtide Wash, $128

These are your more straight jeans that are loose and stretchy. I would size down (always size down with Madewell). These were super comfy and decent cut but I love the front more than the back.

High-Rise Distressed Straight Cropped Jeans, $30

These are the Target jeans that I’ve written about a few times and they are just GOOD. I find myself opting for them all the time out of comfort and ease. I can dress them up and down (flip flops, sandals, and boots). I’ve also washed them a lot and they wear really well.

Baggy Tapered Jeans in Markwood Wash, $98

These are another straight cut that are super comfortable, but not particularly curve hugging or flattering. But I don’t think mom jeans are supposed to be flattering, right? šŸ™‚

Relaxed Denim Shorts in Berriman Wash, $70

Now THESE. You know my love of Levi’s cut offs so when Madewell sent these I was like “sure but I don’t need more” until I put them on and they sit so nicely on the hips and flair out so they are so casual and easy to wear in an oversized way.

Relaxed Denim Shorts in Homecrest Wash: Ripped Edition, $75

These are the same denim shorts in a darker wash and I loved them just as much. I believe these are a size 27 and they are pretty big (and that’s my usual size) so if you want tighter just size down, but I like this size (but haven’t tried the 26 so maybe it would be better).

Denim Pleated Mini Skirt in Upton Wash, $80

How cute is this skirt?? I thought I was kinda not into denim skirts, but once I tried this on it felt modern and classic, but dressed down also very “now”. I put it with a blouse and it was a bit too “sweet” what with the pleats and all but dressed down with a T-shirt I love it.

Colette High Waist Raw Hem Crop Flare Jeans, $219

These boot cuts are the most “going out” pants that I’ve worn in a while and I’m pretty into them. The little flair reminds me certainly of college (anyone else?) but they are a strong pair that I can wear when I want to look a little more pulled together (I rented these from RTR).

Wedgie Fit Ankle Jeans, $98

Another rented pair from RTR that I fell in love with. These are Levis and the cut feels more fresh, with no holes (my father-in-law will be so happy). They are still Levi’s so they are not terribly stretchy so way better for days that aren’t super hot or for those that don’t mind being more constricted in the name of flattery.

So there you go. I’m still only entering the jean phase post quarantine and you may not be ready to do them again, but if and when you are ready to these are some that I do love and have found to be the right vibe for summer and fall.

*Photos by Veronica Crawford

The post Are We Wearing Jeans Again? An Honest Denim Review At Both High And Low Price Points appeared first on Emily Henderson.



from Emily Henderson https://stylebyemilyhenderson.com/blog/denim-jeans-review-2021

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Back Patio Reveal! (+ How Everything’s Held Up To 6 Months Of Portland Weather)

The light at the end of the construction tunnel is getting bigger and brighter every day – we are hoping to be fully blinded by June. So i...