Wednesday 23 June 2021

The Airbnbs And Hotels We Each Are Dreaming About Staying At

It’s been pretty impossible to not start dreaming up vacations even if we aren’t actually planning on going on a vacation soon (aka me). And maybe it’s just me but the mere act of looking feels extremely adventurous, against the rules even. That sounded way lamer than I intended but for those of us still a little hesitant to hop on a plane you get it. FYI it’s not against any rules! And since vacations have been on the brain, we decided to share with you some of the places we plan on going to, “if money weren’t an issue” dream hotels and/or rentals, or just places on our “someday lists” that are really really beautiful! Ready, set, relax…

Emily

via aman resorts
via miraval austin

While I really just want to go back to Ojai Valley Inn every single time we think of a “getaway”, I suppose if I were to try somewhere new it would be the Amangiri in Utah or Miraval in Austin. It’s more of a girls’ trip or with Brian, less for the whole family but both look STUNNING, secluded, quiet, and delicious. I’d also love to take the kids to a Dude Ranch like Paws Up sometime, and we will definitely be visiting Suttle Creek when we need a quick retreat from Portland. Ooh and at some point, I want to go to my hometown in Coos Bay and try this new place. I know none are too exotic but exploring the PNW or a quick plane ride sounds like way more fun to us right now than getting on a 12-hour flight. 

via airbnb
via airbnb
via airbnb

While I’m still in the “let’s wait to travel till the kid are older” phase of life, there is one location/destination that does tempt us all for a family trip – Scotland. Brian has never been and his family is Scottish, meanwhile, after binging Outlander I became OBSESSED with going. I went when I was 21 while touring Europe and my best friend and I LOVED it because everyone was so nice, it was so easy to navigate, and it has medieval castles everywhere – basically untouched from the wars. A deep rich history, with less crowds than the rest of Europe and it just feels very kid-friendly with a lot of nature, quaint towns, and some city culture. A few years ago our cousins took their older kids there and rented out part of a castle and they said it was an absolute success for the entire family. Not just “for kids” or “for grownups”. So right now if we were to travel internationally Brian and I both would want to go to Scotland and stay in a castle (this one above is very pricey but a SO COOL).

Jess

via airbnb

Mexico is one of my favorite places in the world. I have dreamed of moving there more times than I can count but ya know, my Spanish is bad at best and I kinda love my friends and job here in LA. SO visiting is good enough for the foreseeable future. I first saw this Airbnb on Alexandra Cadiz’s (incredible designer and old office building neighbor:)) Instagram when she and her fiancé (incredible ceramicist) stayed there. I had actually forgotten about it when Julie reminded me and sent me the link. THIS PLACE IS MY DREAM!!!! Old, romantic, soulful, and in Merida where I actually went on a school trip to in middle school and have wanted to revisit ever since. It also sparked my love affair with this beautiful country. Actually, that trip was pretty transformative for me, and if your kids get an opportunity to do something similar LET THEM or maybe even insist! Anyway, I will be campaigning for me and 7 friends (8 is the max amount of ppl who can stay) to go to this utter oasis. *Starts Duolingo as she finishes typing this blurb*

via condesa df
via condesa df
via condesa df

It’s Mexico again! I’ve been to Mexico City for a total of 5 hours because I was either on my way or coming back from San Miguel de Allende (which if you haven’t been is too magical to describe in this short blurb). And both times I was there I told myself I would be back for a proper trip. And while stunning hotel (Condesa df) is a little out of my price range, a girl can dream.

Mallory

via plum guide
via plum guide

I’ve seen this airbnb’s backyard all over Instagram so it’s about time somebody links it and it’s gonna be me. Check out this awesome tiled, checkered sofa and all-around VIBEY desert lodge. Oh and the whole thing is bright pink which is so bold and never not cool.

via white water
via white water
via white water

My friend recently stayed at this hotel and it was SO beautiful I had to know where/what it was. It’s called White Water Cambria and oh boy oh boy is it stunning. Total Scandi vibes (and it’s RIGHT on the water btw). Check out photos of the lobby…it’s GOOD.

Ryann

via airbnb
via airbnb

Looking at these photos makes me physically ache with longing. I’ve never been to France (but am dying to) and this is exactly what I have always pictured my dream vacation home would look like. The cobblestone, the incredible view of Saint Paul de Vence, and the 12th-century exterior charm are magical but the interior is even more breathtaking. It is dripping with charm and has that cool, relaxed French style that I desperately want to emulate in my life. I am starting to wonder who gave this apartment permission to be this perfect for me and how do I manifest spending a summer here drinking wine and writing poetry??

via auberge resorts
via auberge resorts

I’ve only been to Austin, TX once but when I did it left a permanent mark on my soul. I’ve been wanting to go back ever since and if/when I do, I could die happy if I could spend just one night in this hotel. It has every design element and style that I am attracted to (including cabana stripes) as well as this unexpected old-world European charm that I am deeply in love with. Has anyone stayed here?? If so, I’d love to hear about your experience and live vicariously through you.

Caitlin

design by luke edward hall | photo by benoi linero
design by luke edward hall | photo by benoi linero
design by luke edward hall | photo by benoi linero

This isn’t the first time I’ve written about how inspired I am by the Hotel Les Deux Gares in Paris (designed by my current all-time favorite Luke Edward Hall – he’s so good) and it surely won’t be the last! I am so inspired by the masterful pattern mixing, the fearless use of bright colors, the blend of Deco and Chinoiserie and traditional elements presented in a new way. O and the “leave no surface untouched” attitude of color pops on every. single. ceiling. It feels so finished and considered and beautiful – I’ve never been to Paris and feel like this would make the experience even better. 

via airbnb
via airbnb
via airbnb

For what it’s worth, I almooooost included a link to the Bachelor mansion here. I wanted to stay there for my 30th birthday, but then I learned that it’s bananas expensive… so I guess I’d also settle for this super clean, simple, uber-relaxing cave house (with a private outdoor plunge pool!) in Greece. It’s no rose ceremony, but I have a feeling that I could make it work. Can you imagine spending a week relaxing and drinking wine and reading and enjoying the sun and walking around Santorini? WHAT A DELIGHT IT WOULD BE. (Plus, I have a feeling that these listing photos may be a welcome treat for some of y’all with more minimalist tastes!)

So those are ours! Any that you now have your eye on? Where are your dream vacation spots or ones that you are actually going on soon??

Love you, mean it.

The post The Airbnbs And Hotels We Each Are Dreaming About Staying At appeared first on Emily Henderson.



from Emily Henderson https://stylebyemilyhenderson.com/blog/the-airbnbs-and-hotels-we-each-are-dreaming-about-staying-at

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Back Patio Reveal! (+ How Everything’s Held Up To 6 Months Of Portland Weather)

The light at the end of the construction tunnel is getting bigger and brighter every day – we are hoping to be fully blinded by June. So i...