Sunday 18 July 2021

The Link Up: Emily’s All-Time Favorite Toy Storage Item, Jess’ Solution To Never “Lose” Her House Key Again, And The Best News We’ve Heard ALL WEEK

Happy Sunday y’all! It’s the dead middle of summer and hopefully you aren’t melting like we are. However, some INCREDIBLY exciting news happening this past week… Key was named one of “50 AD-Approved Photographers for Your Next Interior Shoot“!!! Information we clearly knew but are SO excited that she is being recognized for her immense talent. GO KEY! With that wonderful news starting us off this fine Sunday, enjoy this week’s Link Up.

This week’s home tour (especially that living room) took minimalism and injected a big dose of unexpected quirk. That sofa is not something we would have imagined for this style of home but man is it so cool! Can you imagine it without it now? It’s still elegant but really takes the excitement of the room up about 10 notches. Check out the rest of this Majorcan dream here.

From Emily: LEGO MASTERS IS BACK which reminded me of one of our favorite toy storage solutions ever. It’s been a while since I properly expressed my gratitude for the inventor of this LEGO bag storage, situation. The top turns into the “blanket” that they play legos on then they simply drawstring it all back into its bin. Our kids are both avid LEGO players and since the third season of LEGO MASTERS has aired, their passion is even greater (we usually have to start the episode pretty early so that they can play for an hour afterward because they get so inspired). If you or anyone you know is constantly stepping on LEGO (note, NOT LEGOS – it’s NEVER plural, which we learned this season) then this is awesome. We have two of them and it makes our lives so much easier. Also, the LEGO documentary is EXCELLENT. It was a total family crowd-pleaser.

From Mallory: I went to NYC this week (traveling?? again??? It’s all very exciting) and I finally crossed Top of the Rock off my bucket list. Because I’m weird about how much I love Christmas, I was very excited about this ornament that I got in the gift shop (which is 50% off right now because duh, it’s JULY). So it’s originally supposed to be $20 but now it’s $9. Let me tell you why it’s a super special ornament though…it has an original light from the past Rockefeller Christmas trees!! So sweet. If you’ve ever been to New York or seen that tree, grab this special ornament (I’m all about special memories and cool things on trees). This is IT. Yup, I recommended an ornament in July. Sue me:)

From Albie: If there was ever a collection that screamed “gimme all your money!” It’s for sure this one! I love this fun color combination of this bolster because it’s super transitional. I could totally see this working for spring and summer decor, with the marigold ends, while the terracotta and cream stripes also make it a great option for the fall & winter months too! And who doesn’t love a great pillow! This shape is one that’s missing from my collection of throws so I had to add this beauty to my cart. 

Caitlin and Ryann have been a little wallpaper crazy as they’ve been designing their homes (duh wallpaper is amazing) and we thought you might have the wallpaper bug too:) If you do, one of our favorite wallpaper and floor tile companies, Chasing Paper, is having a 20% off sitewide sale next Wednesday and Thursday (7/21-7/22). Happy designing!

From Ryann: My new favorite Instagram account is @whereiwouldliketoread. Anytime I am feeling a little down or uninspired I go to their feed and take in every single image–all of which will transport you to an idyllic fairytale land where I imagine the only responsibilities are to read, eat croissants, and drink prosecco. It is almost as if the curator (@simotto whose account is just as gorgeous) peered into my soul and only chose photos that would move me. If you want to feel like it’s summer vacation all the time, give them a follow.

From Jess: The time has officially come… I need a new daily task notepad. Remember this one I recommended last year? I still love that one but I’ve finished it and I wanted to try something new/get one that would go with the style of my desk. I know that sounds ridiculous but this is a design site so you probably get it. Anyway, the new one I just purchased on Etsy not only has plenty of lines for all of my tasks (sometimes I will literally put “shower” just so I can cross something off… aka I need lots of lines) but it also has a little section to write down 3 things you are grateful for each day. At first, I thought that was a little corny and almost kept scrolling. But then I stopped myself and thought, “Jess, you should absolutely be writing down a few things you are grateful for each day. It’s bound to only add joy to your day and isn’t that a good thing??” It really is. Needless to say, I can’t wait for it to arrive.

Also From Jess: I was going to bore you with a long story about how I lost my single house key but instead, I’m just going to tell you how I will make sure it will NEVER happen again. First, I finally made a handful of spares at Home Depot and then for my morning walks got these super cute little matte wrist coil bracelets (I only use one but they came in a pack). Then with the other sets that I plan on giving to a couple of friends, I got really affordable but very chic brass keychains! I figured that I might as well make them look nice, right? So the next time I accidentally throw away my key, I am VERY prepared.

From Caitlin: Are we all crying over the Jason Sudeikis GQ profile? Just me? Also crying over this NY Times article about a family who searched for their kidnapped son for 24 years and then FOUND HIM. (My waterworks started at this line: “Mr. Guo also cleaned out his home, tossing out old belongings to commemorate a new beginning.”)

That’s it for this week. Enjoy the rest of what is hopefully a beautiful day and see you tomorrow!

Opening Image Credits: Design by Paradowski Studio | Photo by Pion Studio | via Yellowtrace

The post The Link Up: Emily’s All-Time Favorite Toy Storage Item, Jess’ Solution To Never “Lose” Her House Key Again, And The Best News We’ve Heard ALL WEEK appeared first on Emily Henderson.



from Emily Henderson https://stylebyemilyhenderson.com/blog/best-lego-storage

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Back Patio Reveal! (+ How Everything’s Held Up To 6 Months Of Portland Weather)

The light at the end of the construction tunnel is getting bigger and brighter every day – we are hoping to be fully blinded by June. So i...