Sunday 25 July 2021

The Link Up: Emily’s Go-To Summer PJs, Caitlin’s GREAT Etsy Pillow Shop, And The Garage Storage Item That’s Super Functional But Also Very Pretty

We’ve arrived at THE LAST Sunday in July! Whew, that was quicker than we could have possibly imagined. I’m sure like us you are trying to soak in every last sun-drenched moment you can so let’s link it up and get the heck out(side)…

Our house tour this week is a burst of colorful joy that also takes the definition of texture to a new level (just wait and see what we mean). You are in for a treat because designer Lisa Burdus gave her client the “party house” they wanted in the most fun yet sophisticated way. The blend of English and Moroccan styles paired with A LOT of vintage and patterns just makes the home a total feast for the eyeballs. Go check it out!

From Emily: I love a workplace gossipy page-turner so let’s chat – 1. The Herd. This is fictional, of course, but I’m pretty sure it was written based on The Wing – the all-female exclusive social club started in NYC. I have a lot of skepticism around these types of clubs, and this book did NOT dissipate that. It’s a fast, gossipy read, set in New York involving a murder, and gives some insight on what goes on inside these “female-empowering” clubs. 2. I  just started The Other Black Girl last night which is set in the publishing industry and so far it’s THRILLING (I can’t wait to finish it this weekend). I’m taking a break from historical romance as we start to think about office culture again and these two are particularly thrilling.

Also From Emily: I just switched from my “spring” pajamas to my “summer set” (I like a matching set and feel so uneasy going to bed if they don’t match). I bought this set two years ago (remember my PJ review?) and they are going strong (I need another set, actually – and I plan on buying the exact same color so I don’t have to try to find the right match each time).

From Jess: Last year I discovered a GREAT hair care company called Briogeo and really loved their Don’t Despair, Repair! Super Moisture Shampoo and conditioner. However, they send me a sample pack of the Be Gentle, Be Kind Matcha + Apple Replenishing Superfood Shampoo and after testing it out my hair felt sooooo good. So while I was super happy with the first purchase I was also kinda waiting for it to run out so I could get my hands on the other one. Highly highly recommend! Plus on top of their products simply being awesome, it’s also a black-owned company. So all around a really great brand to support:)

From Caitlin: I found the best outdoor (and indoor) pillow shop on Etsy!!! It’s run by a woman in Pennsylvania and her work is IMPECCABLE – I bought this banana leaf print pillow for my balcony and I am blown away by the quality. I wanted a pillow that was made from Sunbrella (because the air out there is filled with gunk from being so close to the road AND it gets blasted by the sun every morning), that was aesthetically appealing (the piping makes it look so luxe), and that wasn’t going to cost a day’s pay (some of the similar pillows I found on traditional decor sites were OVER TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS!!!). I bought the 18×18 version and am now eyeing a leopard print lumbar because I can’t resist an animal print:) I love supporting a small business – especially one with such a great quality:price ratio – and am just SO JAZZED to shoot the space and show y’all the finished product. Highly recommended – bookmark this one for any pillow needs moving forward!!

Also From Caitlin: Does anyone else make monthly or quarterly playlists? This is what I’m listening to right now in Q3 but I’d love to follow your playlists and get some new recommendations from y’all in any genre!! I’m usually a pretty indie-leaning gal with a special love of depressing lady singer-songwriters and dudes who lock themselves in their bedrooms with synthesizers BUT right now, I’m on the hunt for some good country recommendations (the more cliche the better – give me ALL the songs about beer, friendship, going home and/or small towns, Saturday nights, etc.). I’m obsessed with Spotify’s Hot Country playlist but are there any of you out there who can give me some deeper cuts in that same pop/modern vein? (PS. I used to work at a prolific hardcore record label so I have REALLY come full circle in my life, haha.)

From Mallory: I bought this $20 top while we were all shopping for shorts for yesterday’s post (lol I know I should have been buying shorts but it was too good to pass up). It’s crazy comfortable and I LOVE the little ruffle sleeves!! I’ve been wearing it for the last 3 days because it looks great on Zoom calls, is breathable (yes even though it technically is a sweater material), and it looks cute with denim shorts. 10/10 would recommend this top for anyone who wants a good wfh/summer top (and it will transition into fall well too!!)

From Ryann: I really enjoy listening to music while I work, but lately, I have had the hardest time choosing the right playlists or genres to listen to. This means I end up sitting in silence for most of the day which is probably not great for my serotonin levels. But this week, my fiance showed me NTS radio and my work life is so much better for it! It’s free and ad-free and it just has really great curated music that I can turn on and forget about. You can listen live or listen to any previous broadcasts. My favorite playlists are FEELINGS which includes a mix of soul and disco and LOW KEY which plays smooth r&b and low-fi rap.

Also From Ryann: I’ve finally found the best moisturizer for my skin and I am OVERJOYED you guys. It’s Dewy glow jelly cream by Innisfree and I just wish you could feel my skin right now and see how it’s transformed. I used to have chronic dry skin but I literally don’t anymore. It’s wild. I am so happy with this product and it’s only $25!!

From Albie: After six long months of dealing with the kitchen renovation (see the reveal here!), one thing has become painfully clear to us — the garage needs help! Yep… renovating the kitchen, brought to light all of the garage’s deficiencies, so I have doing a lot of design daydreaming. After the announcement that I will be one of The Container Store’s 20 brand ambassadors, I immediately began “window” shopping garage solutions and this track system is everything! It’ll really help us free up some floor space and use the walls to hang a ton of tools that have otherwise just been in the way. 

Ok go outside, soak in those rays, and see you tomorrow!!

Opening Image Credits: Design by Lisa Burdus | Photo by Maree Homer | via The Design Files

The post The Link Up: Emily’s Go-To Summer PJs, Caitlin’s GREAT Etsy Pillow Shop, And The Garage Storage Item That’s Super Functional But Also Very Pretty appeared first on Emily Henderson.



from Emily Henderson https://stylebyemilyhenderson.com/blog/womens-summer-pajamas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Back Patio Reveal! (+ How Everything’s Held Up To 6 Months Of Portland Weather)

The light at the end of the construction tunnel is getting bigger and brighter every day – we are hoping to be fully blinded by June. So i...