Friday 17 September 2021

My 5 Go-To (Easy And Affordable) Fall Decor Items That Surprisingly Make A Huge Cozy Impact

HOUSTON WE HAVE SEASONS. And it’s making me want to do just a tiny bit more in our rental home that says “hey, it’s fall, let’s get cozy”. When I walk the dogs here at 6 am it’s a brisk low 50s but BEAUTIFUL and the trees are about to turn. In LA, I never really felt inspired to bring in any “fall decor” in and simply went straight to Halloween decor on October 1st. Well, now I get it. So I told my team I was in the market for a few things, just these little symbols of “fall” to put us all in the mood. Here’s what I’m thinking:

Wreaths

photo by sara ligorria-tramp | art direction by me, styling by emily bowser | from: make your home fall ready with 7 simple tricks (using all target)

I’m hoping to find a wreath at the farmers market, something made by a local florist (know anyone in Portland?), but there are good ones on the market, too. Just stay away from anything plastic-y unless you promise to use it year after year.

photo by sara ligorria-tramp | art direction by me, styling by emily bowser | from: make your home fall ready with 7 simple tricks (using all target)

The exterior of our rental house is black so I think a mustard wreath would look really cool, with a few pumpkins next to it.

1. Dried Grass and Grain Hoop Grapevine Wreath | 2. Lit Natural Pumpkin Wreath | 3. Fall Pumpkin Wreath | 4. Ashn Earth Textured Neutrals Wreath | 5. Faux Grasses Harvest Wreath | 6. Pampas Grass Wreath

Fall Candles

photo by sara ligorria-tramp |from: see how ehd brings fall into our homes (and yes, there are *chic* pumpkins involved … target does it again)

I found myself smelling all of the pumpkin spice candles at Target wondering how this happened. I NEVER thought I would be a “seasonal scent” lady but after my Christmas candles from last year, it just WORKS. It creates such a vibe and mood, especially when I’m not roasting a chicken and then brothing (the usual delicious cozy scent we have going on in our house in fall for SOUPtember and CROCKtober).

1. Autumn Splendor Glass Candle | 2. Harvest Spice 5-Wick Speckled Ceramic Fall Candle | 3. Spiced Pumpkin– 7.2 oz Soy Candle | 4. Mulled Cider Soy Candle | 5. Harvest Spice Scent Collection | 6. Pumpkin Spice Candle | 7. English Pear & Freesia Travel Candle | 8. Anecdote Autumn Glass Candle | 9. Black Leaves Candle – Freres Branchiaux

Vases

photo by sara ligorria-tramp | art direction by me, styling by emily bowser | from: target’s new threshold collection is hitting the “elevated prairie” trend hard and good

Right now I have this Target vase (it’s VERY VERY GOOD) with sunflowers in it on my dining table making me so happy. I will likely just clip fall branches once these die, but there are some good dried ones on the market that will last longer, too. I have enough vases, but if you don’t here are some good ones that can be versatile (not just for fall).

1. Carved Ceramic Vase Gray – Threshold™ designed with Studio McGee | 2. Indoor/Outdoor Set of 2 Black Metal Urn Vases | 3. Posey Bud Vase | 4. L’impatience Hand Crafted Black Stoneware Bouquet Vase | 5. Terracotta Vase with Handle Brown Clay – Opalhouse™ designed with Jungalow | 6. Handmade Stone Pitcher | 7. Artificial Berry Plant Arrangement in Ceramic Vase | 8. Ribbed Glass Vase Amber | 9. Sullivans Glass Vase Set of 2

Throw Blankets

photo by sara ligorria-tramp | art direction by me, styling by emily bowser | from: make your home fall ready with 7 simple tricks (using all target)

It’s shocking to me that I have no cozy blankets in a warm tone. Or maybe it’s not shocking, but they are all blue and I’ve had them all for a long time. I would love a mustard and white pattern, something cozy and either knit or fur (Brian has forbidden me from buying any more Pendleton style wool blankets because he finds them itchy). So here are a few out there:

1. Windowpane Printed Plush Throw Blanket with Sherpa Reverse | 2. Happy Habitat Maze Throw – Gold/Linen | 3. Buffalo Check Waffle Woven Throw | 4. Nep Yarn Knit Throw Blanket | 5. Checkered Throw Blanket Brown | 6. Throw Blanket with Fringe | 7. Heathered Boucle Throw | 8. Commune Blue Quilt | 9. Farridoro Wool Plaid Blankets | 10. Brushed Herringbone Throw | 11. Heathered Knit Throw Blanket | 12. Happy Habitat Italian Floor Throw – Ochre and Grey

Pumpkins

Pumpkins aren’t at the farmers market yet, but soon. Meanwhile, I have these wood ones and the raffia ones from the last two years that I’ll put out on the mantle, dining table, and/or front stoop. But when the pumpkins start happening, yes I’ll be all over that. Everyone up here has a backyard garden and I see the pumpkins growing as I’m walking the pups so I’m excited to see what will be at the markets this weekend.

photo by sara ligorria-tramp | art direction by me, styling by emily bowser | from: make your home fall ready with 7 simple tricks (using all target)

1. Seedstitch Pumpkin Shaped Pillow | 2. Small Ceramic Pumpkin Cream | 3. Medium Dark Woven Pumpkin | 4. Woven Corn Husk Pumpkin Figurine Cream | 5. Harvest Tweed/Plaid Speckle Fabric Wrapped Pumpkin | 6. Handmade Coffee Tweed Fabric Pumpkin | 7. Pumpkin Halloween Decorative Sculpture | 8. Woven Cattail Leaf Pumpkin Figurine Brown | 9. Faux Pumpkins

So there we are. A measure of true adulthood. I’m not buying any “thankful pillows’ (yet) but living in a place with seasons and having young kids (still) makes me totally GET IT. Just remember – shop what you have first and see what you can pull out from closets rather than buy – oh and a hack I recently learned is to put a fall pillow cover over a normal “summer” pillow for instance so you don’t have to deal with storing the pillow and cover, just take off the seasonal cover as it changes. This weekend is full of rain and the kids have asked to decorate early for Halloween (I swear, it wasn’t my idea) so we might light our first fire in the fireplace and get our pumpkin on. Have a great weekend. xx

Opening Image Credits: Photo by Sara Ligorria-Tramp | Art direction by me, Styling by Emily Bowser | From: Make Your Home Fall Ready With 7 Simple Tricks (Using All Target)

The post My 5 Go-To (Easy And Affordable) Fall Decor Items That Surprisingly Make A Huge Cozy Impact appeared first on Emily Henderson.



from Emily Henderson https://stylebyemilyhenderson.com/blog/5-easy-cozy-fall-decor-ideas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Back Patio Reveal! (+ How Everything’s Held Up To 6 Months Of Portland Weather)

The light at the end of the construction tunnel is getting bigger and brighter every day – we are hoping to be fully blinded by June. So i...