Sunday 26 September 2021

The Link Up: Emily’s $27 Dress For When You Need “That Dress,” Jess’s $4 Etsy Find, and A VERY Cute Dog Costume You Need To See

Hey everyone!! How are you? How was your week?? Good? GOOD! Bad? We’re here to make it better. We’re so happy to have you here this Sunday and can’t wait to share some of our link findings for you this week. It’s full of Target carts, Etsy finds, and even a hilarious dog costume we think is so cute (even those of us who don’t have a dog are racking our brains for an animal we can put it on). Anyway, we’ll let you see it all for yourselves. Enjoy this week’s link up!

This week’s home tour is the Chelsea loft of broadway actress Patina Miller (ever seen the Pippin revival?? SHE’S A LEGEND). The home was finished right before the big March shutdown in 2020 (great timing) and is filled with color, personality, and life. We love when rooms have modern, neutral walls then bring in color through furniture and decor – it feels so fresh but never boring – and the firm Evan Edward did an amazing job doing just that. Don’t miss this one (especially the fun kid’s room where the walls are definitely less white).

From Emily: It’s my dress when I need THAT dress. You know the one that makes you feel cute and fun but constricts zero parts of your body and is highly comfortable. I thought it would puff out and add too much volume but it drapes really nicely. It’s part of the “cloud” trend which leans babydoll but I’m into it for the comfort and flattery level.

Also From Emily: Speaking of awesome Target clothes, they just launched their Fall Fashion Designer Collection! Rachel Comey (I KNOW), Victor Glemaud, Nili Lotan, and Sandy Liang killed it. If you want to know my picks head to my instastories🙂

Also from Emily: Do you follow the new design star winner Carmeon Hamilton? If not, it’s certainly time to start and even more importantly, it’s time to start watching her new show, Reno My Rental. It’s on Discovery+, Hulu, and Amazon Prime and it’s amazing. Go check it out because she is the best!!

From Ryann: Great news. I found yet another Etsy shop to add to my list of favorites. This one makes frames and they are so reasonably priced and good-looking. I just got this one in the mail and I am really impressed with the quality!! The faux wood is lightweight but the color and ornate detailing is gorgeous. It looks expensive and vintage and is exactly as pictured on the site. No question I will be returning to this shop for all future framing needs!

From Mallory: I went to Target to pick up some dish soap and I came out with 3 items that I didn’t anticipate purchasing but am SO glad I did (classic target). Here’s what I put in my cart: First things first. I passed the women’s dress section and this dress caught my eye. I tried it on over my clothes (because I was too lazy to go to the dressing room) and immediately knew it was comfortable, had a very cute pattern, and would be the perfect summer/fall transition dress. I bought it in the red color, then once I found out it had pockets, I went online and bought it in the gingham too. (FYI I sized down one because it’s a very loose fit (totally a “THAT dress”) but if you’re into the very oversized thing or if you have boobs (I don’t) then keep your normal size. I’ve worn this dress every single day since getting it and it’s perfect for WFH. The second thing I impulsively threw in my cart was this candle. I thought I wasn’t ready for fall and then I smelled this (it’s shaped like a pumpkin btw) and I’ve been burning it every day since I got it. For hours. It smells like my childhood home during the holidays and makes me SO HAPPY. Lastly, I actually got dish soap (because that’s what I came there for) and was BLOWN AWAY by how amazing this scent smells for fall. Even my boyfriend (who is protesting the end of summer) was doing the dishes and said “WHAT IS THIS AMAZING SMELL I LOVE IT.” It’s called Acorn Spice by Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day and boy oh boy is it fantastic. He loved it so much that he told me I should’ve bought the hand soap. I’m never making that mistake again. And then an honorable mention goes to this dress that I almost bought (and still might go back for if I need it because I’m wearing the other dresses a little too much). It’s very flattering and I love it in the black dot print (but the brown is also really really cute).

Also from Mallory: I know we talk about Armchair Expert a lot over here, but I had to mention that I LOVED this week’s episode with Andrew Huberman. I wasn’t expecting it to be as informative as it was…I learned so much about hormones and the way our bodies work. Give it a listen – especially if you struggle with getting good sleep at all – he has some interesting insights on sleep toward the middle/end that I found really interesting!

From Caitlin: OH MY, I have found my three favorite fall and winter candles! Stick with me for a second: spiced pumpkin for October, vanilla and ghost pepper (!!!) for November, and Spruce for December. Spiced pumpkin is pretty sweet but it feels like living inside a pumpkin pie, which may or may not be your cup of tea. (As a Libra who grew up on Bath & Bodyworks, I’m like “THE SWEETER THE BETTER!!!” but I do know that some people prefer an earthier pumpkin scent. This one is lit next to me right now, though, and I am SO CALM because I keep taking deep breaths in – what a dream!) Vanilla & Ghost Pepper is definitely more of a crowd-pleasing scent – not too spicy and not too saccharine. The first thing that came to mind when I smelled it was like, “ah, this is what a rich person’s spa smells like on a crisp fall day,” so I’m REAL excited about bringing that vibe to my house, especially when I have some folks over for Friendsgiving! And as a lover of clean and fresh scents…oh my gosh, Spruce. Incredible. It’s my favorite of the three hands down (and I love a tree scent – this is the best one I’ve ever smelled!!!) and I can’t WAIT for temperatures to drop below 80 so I can bust this out without feeling silly. Have only had them for a few days but the pumpkin candle is putting in WORK and it hardly looks used – so happy with the investment. Highly recommended!!!

Also From Caitlin: I’m sorry, I need to lie down for a FULL MONTH after seeing this Hocus Pocus dog costume (complete with Bette Midler wig). SO CUTE IT HURTS.

From Jess: With the season changing, I know I need to keep my immune system strong! For some reason, I completely forget about my trusted Wellness Formula. It’s incredible whether you are trying to maintain a strong support system or are in need of a boost if you are feeling a bit under the weather. And I’m not the only one who loves it. Basically, everyone I know swears by it and it’s won 16 awards for immune system support. Just a little tip from me to you:) Stay healthy out there people!

Also From Jess: As I was browsing through Etsy I came across these matches. I know it’s completely unnecessary to have matches that are pretty/kinda sexy (if matches can even be sexy) but for $4 WHY NOT? It’s officially fall and I know I will be lighting a ton of candles (like this one) well into the new year and displaying some nice matches seems like a nice little indulgence for my eyeballs.

That’s all for this week, guys! Hope you have a great rest of your day and we’ll see you tomorrow!! BYE! xx

Opening Image Credits: Design by Evan Edward |Photo by Tim Williams | via Architectural Digest

The post The Link Up: Emily’s $27 Dress For When You Need “That Dress,” Jess’s $4 Etsy Find, and A VERY Cute Dog Costume You Need To See appeared first on Emily Henderson.



from Emily Henderson https://stylebyemilyhenderson.com/blog/affordable-fall-dress

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Back Patio Reveal! (+ How Everything’s Held Up To 6 Months Of Portland Weather)

The light at the end of the construction tunnel is getting bigger and brighter every day – we are hoping to be fully blinded by June. So i...