Sunday 19 September 2021

The Link Up: Emily’s New Kids’ Breakfast Hack, Jess’s 70% Off Fall Dress, And The Pumpkin-Shaped Pan We All Want This Fall

Happy Sunday! Who’s ready for another Link Up: Fall Edition… well the first one at least?? I know. We are as excited too. Let’s jump on in:

This week’s home tour is another spectacular deVOL kitchen (do they ever disappoint?? We think not). British style icon, Pearl Lowe, tapped deVOL to design her holiday home kitchen, just minutes from the beach. After her last deVOL kitchen turned out insanely beautiful, there was a lot to live up to but we think it sure exceeded all expectations. PLUS there’s a disco ball in the kitchen. A DISCO BALL. We’re in love. That is all.

From Emily: Two of my mom friends separately told me about this easy breakfast for kids. It’s a pancake in a cup where you add water and shove in the microwave and boom it’s done. Before you judge (because I probably would have) the kids LOVE IT SO MUCH and it and more importantly it has 10 grams of protein. That’s a LOT. Listen, I’m not a nutritionist and I KNOW that eggs are likely more healthy, but for those mornings where there is too much scramble to actually scramble, and you are choosing between types of cereal, these have been GREAT. Again, most importantly the kids love them (obviously, they are pancakes in a cup).

From Ryann: In another installment of “Tik Tok Made Me Buy It” I have discovered an incredible lightweight serum that I just have to share. It’s this True Match Nude Hyaluronic Tinted Serum and it has officially replaced my everyday foundation. I don’t like using foundation anyway because it is often too heavy for my liking but I DO want a bit of coverage for my uneven spots. Anyway, this serum DOES IT and it actually helps keep my skin moisturized throughout the day. 10/10 my friends!!

From Caitlin: I have officially decided to embrace fall – even though it’s going to go back into the 80s next week here in LA, ugh – by breaking out my favorite loafers. I love the cut of these (not too boxy, not too thick, not too slippery) and the quality:price ratio is so, so impressive – I grab a pair every year and they hold up better than shoes that cost 5x as much. My closet is already stacked up with pink and yellow versions dating back to 2017, so I think I’ll be going for the leopard this year (though at only $59, maybe I’ll grab it in a normal, wear-everyday color too?).

Also From Caitlin: I got a targeted IG story ad for this pumpkin patch loaf pan and this fall pumpkin square pan (each square has a different motif!!) and I have never swiped up so fast IN MY LIFE. They’re so sweet and special and judging by the real-life photos on the page, they actually work!!! BRB scheduling a party at my house where I can serve pumpkin-shaped pumpkin bread on a vintage pumpkin plate. (JK, I do not own a pumpkin plate yet, but that store is one of my favorite Etsy shops for vintage dinnerware!!)

From Mallory: Like Caitlin, I’m coming around on the fall train (slowly but surely…summer I already miss you) and I’m starting to lean in buy purchasing cute plaid dresses (and from none other than J. Crew of course…it’s the best “fall/holiday” store imho). I’ve had my eye on this dress for quite some time bc it’s the perfect summer/fall transition and it’s officially 30% off (making it $89 instead of $130). I sent it to Caitlin and she said “ooh like Reformation but cheap and festive” and I was like EXACTLY. I’m pretty much only wearing puff sleeves/renaissance looks with lug-sole boots this fall, so if you want to join me, feel free 🙂

Also From Mallory: Have you ever had a hot dog that’s ACTUALLY good? Like one that tastes like real meat and not like baloney? Today’s my birthday (wahoo!) and yesterday I grilled up some hot dogs with a few of my friends to celebrate, and it reminded me that I’ve been meaning to share my secret to making hot dogs actually DELICIOUS. It’s called Snake River Farms Hot Dogs (you can usually find them at Ralphs/Vons/Pavilions kind of stores). They made me go from “hot dogs are okay” to “I NEED TO EAT A HOT DOG EVERY DAY FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE.” They’re $10 a pack at Pavillions (which I’m aware is expensive for a pack of hot dogs) but trust me when I say they make your dog insanely delicious. Plus when you have a food that’s only 3-4 ingredients (dog, bun, ketchup, mustard…ketchup is optional but please don’t ever skip mustard) it goes from good to great when you up the quality of the dog. I know I’m probably more passionate about hot dogs than the average person, but trust me it’s because of these dogs. Anyway, thanks for coming to my hot dog ted talk.

From Jess: Last weekend, after 5 years of living in LA, I FINALLY went to Joshua Tree. My best friend found us the most wonderful Airbnb and we basically didn’t leave it for the 2.5 days we were there. So aside from the whole house being perfectly curated, it was the tabletop appliances that really caught my eye! Maybe I’m the last to know but Haden is a VERY cute more affordable alternative to SMEG. The Airbnb had their microwavetoaster, and coffee maker all in the “putty” color. But they have some other realllly cute color options if you are in the market.

Also From Jess: If like all of us you love the look of Em’s awesomely patterned dresses, I found one via Refinery29 that is SO cute, looks like a flattering cut, is only $40 (!!!) and since it’s long, will last you till next summer.

That’s it and happy birthday Mallory!! See you all tomorrow. xx

Opening Image Credit: Photo via deVOL Kitchens

The post The Link Up: Emily’s New Kids’ Breakfast Hack, Jess’s 70% Off Fall Dress, And The Pumpkin-Shaped Pan We All Want This Fall appeared first on Emily Henderson.



from Emily Henderson https://stylebyemilyhenderson.com/blog/cute-fall-dresses

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Back Patio Reveal! (+ How Everything’s Held Up To 6 Months Of Portland Weather)

The light at the end of the construction tunnel is getting bigger and brighter every day – we are hoping to be fully blinded by June. So i...