Sunday 26 December 2021

The Link Up: A Christmas Rom-Com That Emily AND Brian Enjoyed, Jess’ Super Cool Sneakers & A Sweater That’s 50% Off

Welcome to the final link up of 2021. This time between Christmas and the new year often feels like a time warp (what day is it again??) so we hope you find some peace and relaxation before the new year. In the meantime, please enjoy this week’s links from team EHD:

Today’s home tour via Architectural Digest is a Park City, UT winter oasis that we would personally love to hole up in until the new year. The ski-lodge meets western Americana vibes are immaculate but the real star is clearly the all wood kitchen that is made out of reclaimed white and red oak. We are smitten.

From Emily: The Non-cheesy Christmas Rom-Com that you likely missed but can watch over break, that Brian and I BOTH enjoyed. So here’s what happened – “Last Christmas” came out only in theaters in December 2019 and they didn’t release it streaming til AFTER Christmas in 2020 (which was weird). And while I LOVE starting Christmas early, I don’t like watching holiday movies in March – so we kinda forgot about it. So Brian brought it up a couple of nights ago, that we had missed it (we both really like Emilia Clark and I have a solid crush on Henry Golding) and while it wasn’t ‘Love Actually’ quality it was leagues above The Christmas Switch 3, if you know what I mean.

From Ryann: I loved this little article via Cup of Jo that posed the question “How would you describe yourself in 5 words?“. After reading all the comments it made me feel strangely seen and then I asked my fiancé to tell me his 5 words and it’s a really fun little exercise. I think it would be really interesting to do it once a month and then see how the 5 words change over the year. Right now my 5 words are earnest, hopeful, grieving, self-aware, anxious. What are yours??

From Jess: These might be the coolest shoes I own and they are so comfortable! When I saw my friend wearing them I immediately needed to know where from and how long ago she got them (crossing my fingers they were still available). Luckily they were and I’m pretty freaking into them. The photo on the site does not do them justice. The neon orange strip is my favorite part but basically, they just make me feel real stylish. O and they are true to size (at least for me at a 7)

From Mallory: I accidentally found the best sweater deal on the internet and added it to cart so fast…this $120 waffle knit is now $47 (add it to cart and you’ll get the 50% off). I’m SUPER into this color green right now, but they also have it in a cream and black if you’re more into neutrals. The reviews say it’s ‘extremely soft and good quality’ so I’m excited to see it and wear it!!

From Caitlin: Coming in hot with a story of hope – in 2016, a guy from Massachusetts bought a piece of art at a yard sale for 30 bucks. 5 years later, a bunch of art experts realized that it was a previously unknown original drawing by the Renaissance master Dürer (from 1503, can you believe???) and that it’s actually worth a paltry FIFTY MILLION DOLLARS. The whole story of how it was found and how the piece was verified is a fun, escapist read. (Let this be a lesson to us all that we should ALWAYS attend the estate sales of prestigious architects.)

That’s all from us. Have a happy happy new year and please stay safe. See you for the next link up in 2022! xx

Opener Image Credit: Design by Cristof Eigelberger | Photo by Douglas Friedman | via The Killers Frontman Brandon Flowers’ Home Is a Desertscape Retreat in the Snowy Slopes of Park City, Utah

The post The Link Up: A Christmas Rom-Com That Emily AND Brian Enjoyed, Jess’ Super Cool Sneakers & A Sweater That’s 50% Off appeared first on Emily Henderson.



from Emily Henderson https://stylebyemilyhenderson.com/blog/a-non-cheesy-christmas-rom-com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Back Patio Reveal! (+ How Everything’s Held Up To 6 Months Of Portland Weather)

The light at the end of the construction tunnel is getting bigger and brighter every day – we are hoping to be fully blinded by June. So i...