Sunday 2 January 2022

The Link Up: Emily’s “Teeth Cleaning Lollipops” invented by a kid, Jess’s $30 Shearling Jacket & An At Home Nail Kit

HI FOLKS. It’s officially 2022 and we are officially full of hope that this year will be vastly better than the last. Are you with us?? Great. There is no time like the present so let’s get right into the links for this week:

Today’s home tour (via The Design Files) is a contemporary home that incorporated salvaged items from stables from the 1800s, so that should be all you need to convince you to click here and check it out. The project belongs to two sisters and their intention to highlight the history of the property is both inspiring and beautiful.

From Emily: I’m a sucker for this. I know it sounds too good to be true (and it might be) but I keep hearing about these ‘teeth cleaning lollipops‘ that can act as a treat for kids (and grownups) but are supposed to mitigate tooth decay and cavities. My spidey sense warns me that they can’t be better for your teeth than actually brushing teeth, but I see it as a good alternative to a sugary sweet. It was invented by a 12-year-old ‘candy-preneur’ who obviously saw a hole and filled it.

From Mallory: I’m VERY into powder dip nails right now (they last longer than gel IMHO!) so when I saw this powder dip kit, I got very excited. I recently purchased it as a gift for my friend who’s also heavily into powder dip…I’ll report back on how she likes it and when I’ll cave in and get one for myself!!

From Jess: I’ve been wanting a sporty shearling jacket but simply didn’t want to spend the money on an expensive one. So when I was shopping for my last trip, I saw this little guy for only $30! It’s cute, I love the super small hits of neon and I feel fun and put together when I wear it with just jeans or workout leggings.

From Ryann: I have a Nordstrom Rack less than a mile from my apartment which is a blessing and a curse. The other day I went there with only the purest intentions to find a gift for a White Elephant game but I somehow left with a few things for myself?? Very strange. One of the things I got is this jacket that is insanely cozy. It’s a steal at $45 and I really love the crop fit and the way it drapes. I got an XL but I think I could have sized down to a L for a more fitted look. I also bought these platform heels and this velvet dress that by the time you are reading this I will have worn on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve. 🙂

From Caitlin: In the spirit of the new year, I wanted to share the 4 things on my phone that I could not live without: Robinhood, for making stocks and ETFS easy; Coinbase, my crypto wallet of choice (if you’ve ever been interested in learning more about the whole space, their resource library is great); You Need a Budget for all things financial; and Axios’ daily newsletters for staying up-to-date with the world (I subscribe to AM/PM, Pro Rata, Capital, Media Trends, Login, Science, Space, and World). Highly recommend all of these if you’re looking to start off 2022 on the right foot!!!

Alright sweet friends, that is all for now. Happy 2022 and we hope to see you tomorrow for a fun farmhouse update. xx

Opener Image Credit: Design by Sibling Architecture | Photo by Katherine Lu | From: An 1800s Stable Turned Contemporary Home Connected To Bushland, History + Family

The post The Link Up: Emily’s “Teeth Cleaning Lollipops” invented by a kid, Jess’s $30 Shearling Jacket & An At Home Nail Kit appeared first on Emily Henderson.



from Emily Henderson https://stylebyemilyhenderson.com/blog/kids-teeth-cleaning-hack

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Back Patio Reveal! (+ How Everything’s Held Up To 6 Months Of Portland Weather)

The light at the end of the construction tunnel is getting bigger and brighter every day – we are hoping to be fully blinded by June. So i...