Sunday 13 February 2022

The Link Up: Emily’s Mood Boosting V-Day Rec, The $8 To-Go Cup Mallory Uses Daily, Plus Our Favorite Underwear Is On Sale for $4

It’s a big weekend. Superbowl today & Valentine’s day tomorrow WOWEEE! Who thought to plan those two back-to-back?? I mean what a way to start the week. If you’re throwing down today & having or attending a Superbowl party, hopefully, you’ll have enough left in you for a fun Valentine’s date. Enjoy the game today!! We’re (mostly) an LA-based team over here so we gotta throw in a #gorams. Okay before we get into sports and love day…here are some fun links 🙂

This week’s home tour inspired us SO MUCH. Illinois-based designer Candace Griffin updated their home (without turning the entire thing into an immediate construction zone because they had a baby on the way) and it looks BEAUTIFUL. Very sexy/CB2 vibes in the best way. Plus they made an awesome bar wall out of IKEA cabinetry you HAVE to see. Don’t skip this one!

Block Shop (and EHD favorite textile company) just came out with limited edition hand-sewn pillows with Paboy Bojang that are stunning. The chicest ruffle and fringed pillows you may ever see. I mean come on…we’re obsessed.

From Emily: Want something to get you in the mood for V day? My favorite marriage hack is romance novels – Yes, reading books about love/romance, etc does in fact warm you up. If you are new to this genre (welcome) I present to you a contemporary favorite, Beach Read (Kindle/Bookshop), followed closely by The Hating Game (Kindle/Bookshop) and The Roommate (Kindle/Target),  But if you can go full Bridgerton and like a Victorian romance novel (ME!) then start with the Evie Dunsmore series (Kindle/Target) or just dive into Bombshell (Kindle/Bookshop). Don’t be put off by the cover or titles – they are kinda part of the genre and are one big wink. If you have trouble getting in the mood (like all moms I know) and could use some external help, download these (I use my kindle for some of them because admittedly the covers can be cheesy) and I PROMISE your life will be changed.

Forbes Master’s wallpapers Zaire and Namolonga are now being sold on Anthropologie!! They’re so pretty, check them out 🙂

From Mallory: I bought these to-go tumblers last year to bring to our communal pool since you can’t bring glass and boy, oh boy I had no idea just HOW much I would use them (far beyond the pool!!). I’ve been trying to walk every morning and I use these for my coffee while I walk and they’re perfect because A. It’s insulated so your coffee stays hot or cold (I do love an iced coffee) and B. There’s easy access to the contents of your glass because there’s no flippy lid where you have to push buttons and stuff just to take a sip (critical if you’re on a walk). I bring them everywhere and for $8 a piece, it’s probably the most affordable insulated to-go cup (that actually works) on the market right now (I bought 4 but easily should have bought 6).

From Jess: I caved and bought my first pair of Lululemon leggings (a $45 gift card may have been the source of my inspiration:)). I have these buttery soft shorts which I love but had yet to go full leg (well 23″ inseam). I was just feeling like I needed a new pair to get me feeling good (plus I have worn a few of my others into the ground). It’s mind-boggling and dumb but don’t we all feel a bit more excited to exercise when we feel a little cute? Anyway, when I saw these electric blue leggings I wanted them to be mine. Technically they are made for running (which I have zero intention of doing) but walking is basically really slow running so it’s fine. But because they are made for running and lots of “friction”, they aren’t that butter-soft material. However, they are extremely supportive and have a little drawstring for those who do run and have “slide down” issues. I followed their size guide closely and got an 8 (again with the 23″ inseam) which is absolutely the smallest I could have gone. Em recommends usually sizing up and I get it. I do like the tighter feel but that’s just my preference. So if you see a gal in bright blue leggings walking the mean streets of Pasadena, it’s probably me!

Also From Jess: I just started following @westaylor and I highly recommend you do the same. His content is warm, calming but also fun. He describes himself as “plant dad, record collector, and occasional foodie.” What’s not to love?!

From Ryann: I’d say every year I find a new favorite pair of jeans and this year these are it. I love the fit, the length, and the fact that they are $30!! I mean what more could I ask for?

From Caitlin: I recently had to fly back to the east coast with a day’s notice and did an AWFUL last-minute packing job. (Like, I forgot to bring a funeral outfit – or anything black!!! – even though I was flying to attend a funeral. Classic.) I forgot undergarments, too (living the dream!!!) but luckily I keep a few pairs of this underwear in the dresser of my childhood home. They’re so comfortable that I went to order a few more and discovered that they’re currently on sale for $3.99 each, down from nearly $12!! I really, really love wearing them. (PS. They’re also Em’s favorite and we actually all reviewed them as a team last year! I gave them a 7/10 at the time but after a few washes, they fit perfectly and they’re now a 10/10 in my book. Highly recommend.)

That’s all we got for ya today. Thanks for stopping by!

Opening Image Credit: Design by Candace Griffin | Photo by Erin Konrath | via Domino

The post The Link Up: Emily’s Mood Boosting V-Day Rec, The $8 To-Go Cup Mallory Uses Daily, Plus Our Favorite Underwear Is On Sale for $4 appeared first on Emily Henderson.



from Emily Henderson https://stylebyemilyhenderson.com/blog/best-underwear-for-women-2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Back Patio Reveal! (+ How Everything’s Held Up To 6 Months Of Portland Weather)

The light at the end of the construction tunnel is getting bigger and brighter every day – we are hoping to be fully blinded by June. So i...