Sunday 1 May 2022

The Link Up: Em’s TOP Mother’s Day Gift Rec, Ryann’s Perfect T-Shirt, And The Spring Dress Caitlin Is Wearing To Every Event On Her Calendar

It’s Sunday, it’s the first day of May, and Em’s book comes out in just over ONE WEEK (have you preordered yet?)!! We hope you are about to have an equally exciting week and that it starts off right here and now with this link up. Enjoy!!

This week’s home tour is from none other than the wonderful Hopie Stockman (co-founder of EHD favorite, Block Shop) via Cup of Jo. Her home is magical. Hand-painted walls drench in happy peaches, blues, and greens. Just go experience it. Jess actually has the sweetest story about Hopie. Jess and her cousin went to Block Shop’s studio for an event about 4 years ago and quickly started chatting with Hopie and her sister. After telling them that they were cousins, Hopie sweetly looked at them and said, “So your cousins AND best friends??” Jess and her cousin looked at each other, never really before expressing to each other they were best friends, turned to Hopie and said, “Ya!” Now Jess and her cousin refer to each other as CBF (Cousin Best Friends). She helped them take their relationship to the next level:) Needless to say, Hopie’s sweet and kind spirit emanates from her and her warm home.

From Emily: It’s no secret I LOVE my infrared sauna blanket (my sweaty proof is here). I also was sent their red light face mask and from what I’ve seen on the market it’s a DEAL for this kind of thing. All this to say, for today only they are offering 20% off side wide with code EM20. I thought that with Mother’s day literally one week from today this might be a really nice gift to give (or maybe ask for). I honestly love mine.

Speaking of Mother’s day, we did a massive call-out last year to real moms asking what they ACTUALLY wanted and we did a big ole post about it. We still love that a paddleboard was requested by MANY moms. Bet you didn’t expect that, huh:) So if you are stumped look no further than this post.

From Ryann: When I tell you I am obsessed with these t-shirts please believe that I am not being hyperbolic. I’ve worn it in this brown color 4 times this week, and I have them in 4 different colors (but am going to absolutely buy more). They are the PERFECT baby tee and I love the length of the little cap sleeve. They are also ribbed which I find extremely comfortable. Excuse me while I add like 10 more to my cart!!

From Jess: After listening to this podcast episode about a new documentary called The Business of Birth Control (that I think everyone should listen to) I was immediately intrigued and watched the documentary the same day. They are the same people who did The Business of Being Born if you’ve heard of that documentary. I want to state that I and the people who made this documentary are pro contraceptives and in no way want to diminish the life-changing impact the pill had on the women’s liberation movement. But it’s been 72 years since the first pill was invented and not much has changed which isn’t a good thing. This documentary is purely about asking for better options and educating women (and doctors) by conducting actual studies on the very real and sometimes deadly side effects. I’m feeling very fired up and infuriated at the lack of research on women’s and people with female reproductive parts bodies. We still have suuuuuch a long way to go and I think this film is a really important start to get things moving. FYI it’s $14.99 to watch but promise it’s more than worth it.

From Mallory: Meet my new go-to purse/crossbody bag. I’ve always wanted a grab-and-go, throw over your outfit kind of crossbody that’s shorter than my insanely long crossbody and this one is the DREAM. Parker clay is such a cool brand I just found out about – if you’re in the market for a really good quality leather laptop bag (this one’s my fav) or really any kind of bag (or wallet), their stuff is INCREDIBLE. FUN FACT: I didn’t realize that Em has been onto Parker Clay for years! Makes this rec even more legit:)

From Caitlin: (siren sounds) I JUST FOUND THE BEST SPRING/SUMMER DRESS!!! (more siren sounds). OMG. Here’s the thing: I love a sleeve on a dress (have tattoos, don’t always want to talk about them with strangers, you know?) but it can be really hard to find long-sleeve dresses that are cute, well-fitting, and lightweight enough that I don’t get sweaty and that icky feeling if I’m doing something in the sun. This one is SO flattering (seriously, all the reviews are just like “this is so flattering”) and the construction is SO impressive for the price (like, special hook-and-eye closes in the chest, hooks for your bra, etc.). My weekend social calendar is currently non-stop bridal and baby showers – right now on week 2 of FIVE STRAIGHT WEEKS of said showers, y’all – so I’m so excited that there’s an affordable grab-and-go dress now in the rotation. It’s offered in sizes 00-24 AND in petite and tall and I’m pretty sure that like, EVERYONE would look amazing in it??? 100000/10.

Thanks for joining us today and see y’all tomorrow!!

Opening Image Credit: Design by Hopie Stockman | Photo by Laure Joliet | via Cup of Jo

The post The Link Up: Em’s TOP Mother’s Day Gift Rec, Ryann’s Perfect T-Shirt, And The Spring Dress Caitlin Is Wearing To Every Event On Her Calendar appeared first on Emily Henderson.



from Emily Henderson https://stylebyemilyhenderson.com/blog/gifts-for-mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Back Patio Reveal! (+ How Everything’s Held Up To 6 Months Of Portland Weather)

The light at the end of the construction tunnel is getting bigger and brighter every day – we are hoping to be fully blinded by June. So i...