Friday 29 January 2021

The Winter Tech Essentials I’ve Found Myself Needing Now That We Live In Actual Cold Weather

Making the move from year round warmth (LA) to “seasons” (Lake Arrowhead) has meant a few cold-weather and snow inspired tech things that I never thought I’d need nor did I know existed but which we’ve found VERY helpful. While I had a parka before, I finally got that less cool (but strangely flattering) sleeping bag coat (that fits in a tiny bag for packing) and while I’ve had gloves in the past of course, I finally got some that also answer a phone call or take a video. Don’t even try to borrow Brian’s new bluetooth beanie that we made fun of when his mom got it for him for Christmas – because he LOVES it (and ordered another one, too). So if you are living in the cold climate and have the real NEED for these more low-tech cold-weather gear, this post is for you.

1. Heat Tech Knit Gloves | 2. Leather Tech Gloves | 3. Smartwool Liner Tech-Compatible Gloves | 4. Touch Knit Gloves | 5. Etip Salty Dog Knit Tech Gloves | 6. Bon Jacquard Touchscreen Gloves

I don’t trust myself with expensive gloves, but I wanted to try some tech gloves so I bought these from Uniqlo. They work to unlock the phone and take a photo/video but they aren’t accurate enough for long emails or texting. But that’s enough for me now (and the gloves themselves are fitted and warm). These leather ones from J. Crew seem really nice (and would be a great gift) and I can see these ones being ideal for working outside as they are also wind and water-resistant.

1. Wireless Smart Beanie | 2. Collection Genuine Shearling Bluetooth®Earmuffs | 3. Upgraded Bluetooth Beanie Hat Wireless Headphones | 4. 180s Degree Mens Bluetooth Ear Warmer | 5. Wireless Beanie Winter Pom Pom Music Hat | 6. Bluetooth Earwarmers

Like I said, Brian loves his bluetooth beanie and because we are both big podcast listeners, I think I might want one for myself for my morning walks and bike rides. I like the idea of bluetooth ear warmers too and wonder if the speakers work better because they are cuffed around your ears. Thoughts?

1. Men’s Black AA Battery Heated Gloves | 2. Rechargeable Electric Heated Socks | 3. Hotronic XLP PFI 50 Surround Heat Socks | 4. American Mammoth Heated Glove | 5. Unisex Large Flecking Gray Coolmax Blend Heated Socks | 6. ActionHeat Adult AA Battery Heated Fleece Gloves

In our editorial meeting yesterday, Mallory told us her dad recently got a pair of heated socks and we were all intrigued. Is this something all people in cold climates have?? Do you wear them just inside the home or when you go outside and how comfortable are they to wear with shoes? I can get on board with heated gloves, but the socks seem tricky but you tell me.

So, are there any other winter tech essentials I am missing? Please help us former Los Angelenos get our winter weather bearings. xx

Opener Image Credit: Photo by Veronica Crawford |From: New Fashion On My Body The One Where I Dressed Like A Fisherwoman, Wore 6 Great Coats, AND An All Star Pair Of Boots

The post The Winter Tech Essentials I’ve Found Myself Needing Now That We Live In Actual Cold Weather appeared first on Emily Henderson.



from Emily Henderson https://stylebyemilyhenderson.com/blog/winter-tech-essentials

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Back Patio Reveal! (+ How Everything’s Held Up To 6 Months Of Portland Weather)

The light at the end of the construction tunnel is getting bigger and brighter every day – we are hoping to be fully blinded by June. So i...