Saturday 5 June 2021

The Fun, Easy To Wear And BOLD Dresses I am Opting For This Summer

It seemed time to shop for fun summer clothes, and it wasn’t just me. Everyone in the office was shopping for, nay, craving bold summer dresses – think pool parties, outdoor brunches, date nights, and even some “resort looks”. Is the year of dressing boring coming to an end? Am I ready to wear fitted clothes? I DON’T KNOW, but the colorful dresses that I am showing here are very easy to wear, forgiving, low-maintenance, and FUN. I tried on way more that were either too “much” or too tight. These were just right and totally wearable. So if you are in the market for some cute, bold colorful summer dresses here are some I can recommend. And a huge thanks to my friends Annie And Derik who own the Reckless Unicorn for letting me shoot in their epic backyard.

ALEXIS Short Sleeve Shirtdress | Clogs (similar)

Target sent me this when they launched their collab with ALEXIS and while it’s more “office” than “resort” the color is SO GOOD, the little princess sleeves are adorable and the best part – pockets with a big hoop skirt that twirls fully horizontal.

The skirt is so full and fun. I could definitely wear this to business meetings this summer and feel like “me”, and like I “tried”.

Blue Palms Midi Dress | Hat (similar) | Sandals

When I first saw his I thought it was a lot, but when I put it on it was A. so lightweight and comfortable and B. so fun – like I really tried. So with just one piece of fabric I look like I spent time pulling together a lewk. It has huge sleeves and it is a LOT of fabric, but I loved it.

Swimsuit | Selamawit Wrap Skirt | Sandals

Yes, that is a swimsuit with ruffled sleeves. It’s a little over the top (and you can’t even put a coverup over it), but with the wrap skirt from Lem Lem It might be my new favorite pool party outfit this summer.

Amanda Stripes Mini Dress

This is DEFINITELY bold, but the cut is so cute and wearable. The ruffles are fun and play with proportions a lot, making it feel really flattering and fun.

And it has POCKETS! The shoes are vintage that I’ve had forever, and gave to Jess recently but borrowed back for this shoot. 🙂

Dress | Hat (similar) | Sandals

I know. I have this in blue, too. The Great sent me the blue one first, and I loved it SO MUCH that I knew I would get equal wear for years out of this one. Imagine at Christmas with cute boots?! This dress drapes so well, the broken stripe is so playful and fun, and sleeves are big and puffy and I frankly just always feel good in it.

And that is my favorite hat this summer – always a big fan of summer hats that don’t blow off in the wind.

Mixed Hudson Floral Maxi Skirt | Cuffed Sleeve Shirt | Sandals | Hat (similar)

Birdie LOVES this skirt and so do I! I put it on sometimes just to make dinner with a T-shirt because I get sick of wearing athleisure all day and this feels at least a little special even just for a family BBQ.

The shirt is from Madewell and those are my favorite summer sandals that have the perfect about of heel and are extremely comfortable.

The skirt also didn’t cut in (only a TINY bit) – I sized up as I usually do with skirts because no ONE makes them to actually fit your size without cutting in. I think this is a medium.

Bahiri Peasant Dress | Hat (similar)

Another big fun maxi that is so easy to wear, light-weight, has pockets, and is just a “hell yes” if you need it. It’s also by Lem Lem which is a black-owned female business and while a lot of my favorite pieces were sold out, they have more GREAT stuff. And this one felt super high quality.

One Piece Swim Suit | Mixed Prints Multi Layered Midi Skirt | Hat (similar)

Ok this one was where I got caught up a bit in being bold, but likely wouldn’t wear it unless I was going to a tropical island this summer (which we are not). So I returned it, but boy if you have a beach vacation in your future this is SO FUN.

This skirt was really tailored and fit nice (with a zipper). I think it might be best for body types where you are more petite on top, making this the star.

Open Back Dress | Sandals

Lastly, another short fun dress with some MORE ruffles. Now, this dress isn’t necessarily for my body type (I don’t really do backless) and it’s VERY plunge-y but for those with a straighter figure, this might be a fun way to add volume.

I had fun wearing the dress (because it was super voluminous), but ended up returning it because ultimately I loved some of the other looks so much more and I didn’t need them all.

There were SO MANY more that I wanted to try, but didn’t. So instead I rounded them up for you all.

1. Puff Short Sleeve Dress | 2. Puff Sleeve Tie Waist Volume Dress | 3. Wrap Neckline Dress | 4. Maxi Ruffles Dress | 5. Bright Forest Midi Dress | 6. Tie Front Full Skirted Maxi Dress | 7. Mazaa Cascade Dress | 8. Suelta Dress | 9. Painted Toucans Midi Dress | 10. Printed Cotton Dress | 11. Halima Flutter Sleeve Dress | 12. Vent Cotton Dress | 13. Wild Hearts Layered Midi Dress | 14. Sleeveless Ruffle Shift Dress | 15. Phoebe Flounced Maxi Dress | 16. Yellow Open Waist Midi Dress | 17. Crochet Midi Dress | 18. Frill Cotton Dress | 19. Bella Dress | 20. Puff Elbow Sleeve Open Back Dress | 21. Zebra Print V-Neck Short Sleeve Dress

So are you like us and are ready for some BOLDNESS? What is everyone wanting to wear this summer? xx

*Photos by Veronica Crawford

The post The Fun, Easy To Wear And BOLD Dresses I am Opting For This Summer appeared first on Emily Henderson.



from Emily Henderson https://stylebyemilyhenderson.com/blog/bold-summer-dresses

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Back Patio Reveal! (+ How Everything’s Held Up To 6 Months Of Portland Weather)

The light at the end of the construction tunnel is getting bigger and brighter every day – we are hoping to be fully blinded by June. So i...