Sunday 4 July 2021

The Link Up: Jess’s VERY CUTE $30 Cordless Lamp, Ryann’s One-Size-ACTUALLY-Fits-All Swimsuit, And The Best Sales Happening This Holiday Weekend

Happy holiday weekend, friends!! However you may be celebrating this weekend, we hope you get lots of fun time with family and friends and we’re so grateful you chose to spend a little bit of your time with us today! We’re ready to party together by dropping in our favorite links this week including a jaw-on-floor kind of home tour, a gardening hack, a really wild swimsuit, Emily’s book rec for the week (of course), and a BUNCH more. So here we goooooo!

This week’s home tour is a BEAUTIFUL project designed by Hoedemaker Pfeiffer and it is NOT one you want to miss. They perfectly blend Spanish architecture with modern furniture pieces (along with lots of awesome vintage finds) to create this fresh new space. The giant arched windows will make your heart skip a beat and you already know the Lawson-Fenning sofa + side table combo is totally up EHD’s alley. Check it out, it’s VERY GOOD.

From Emily: The Wedding Date by Jasmine Guillory. This book is so fun IMMEDIATELY. I flew through it in a day (so did Caitlin and Jess) and when I recommended it to my friend her only response was “who is going to feed my children breakfast now?” because she didn’t want to put it down. It’s about strangers that meet in an elevator in a hotel and one ends up being the date that night to a wedding. I think you know how this goes, but if you want a steamy comfort read while you are chilling this weekend, this is the one. Also, Jasmine Guillory has a new book coming out on July 13, and I’m very excited to read it 🙂

From Caitlin: GAME-CHANGING GARDENING DISCOVERY HERE, FOLKS. My mom recently bought this super lightweight expandable garden hose and it’s awesome – it is so easy to carry around the backyard when I’m watering and hanging it up is a breeze. I’m dead serious: I’ll never go back to a standard rubber hose again.

Also From Caitlin: Jess and I are full steam ahead on our balcony MOTOs and I’m making my final orders this weekend! After a lot of thought and consideration, I’m ready to pull the trigger on the swing seat of my dreams (and the one that I put on my OG moodboard, hah). Serena & Lily is offering 25% off this weekend so the timing is right – let me know if you scoop one so we can match!!!

From Ryann: I wanted to give y’all a little update on this You Swim Bikini I bought a few months ago. I am not exaggerating when I say it fits me better than any swimsuit I have ever worn in my life. I wore it all last weekend and got so many compliments on it and I just feel insanely good wearing it. It has the right amount of coverage plus a high leg which I love. I recommend this brand to everyone I know and even my 7-month pregnant friend loves them!

From Mallory: You know when you watch a Pantene commercial and they say “Got dry, damaged hair?” in my mind I’m like “yeah, I do!!!” pretty much every time. I’ve been bleaching my hair since high school (omg you bleach your hair and live in LA? Unheard of) and it’s starting to get to the breaking off, turning green phase — well the turning green thing is a different story (something is up with the water in my apartment building) — that’s for another time. Regardless, this head of hair has seriously been put through the wringer, so it’s about time that I try some repair-esque products. Everyone keeps talking about this one… What do you think?? Did it work for any of you???

From Albie: The mini got this unicorn sprinkler for her birthday and while we knew it would come in handy during the summer, this week it’s EXACTLY what the mini (and us) need while we endure a week of excessive heat warnings. Back-to-back days of 90+ degree days requires LOTS of hydration and opportunities to stay cool, but we can’t keep her cooped up in the house all day. We’re finally inflating this baby so she can have all the summer fun her heart desires in the backyard. 

From Jess: Em has described that blinding rush of adrenaline when you see something YOU HAVE TO BUY. There is of course nothing that we “have to buy” but I think we can all relate and/or know that feeling intimately. So here’s my story. I was watching Alvin Wayne’s “3 Ways to Curate Your Kitchen Countertop” IGTV on Domino’s feed when I saw the absolute cutest cordless mini lamp of my life. I rushed to the comments to see if there were any clues as to where I could purchase this magical little item. SUCCESS! Someone knew the name so I was off. Guess what?! The super mini one is under $30! And they come in a million colors, are chargeable, last 6 hours, and like I said… are the freaking cutest. So I’m going to be honest with you. I got mine on Amazon because the color I wanted wasn’t available anywhere else. I promise I looked. BUT they also sell them at Nordstrom. So if you want gold, silver, or dark blue you are in luck! I want them in more colors but I’m going to wait until I know I have a place for them:) 

Also From Jess: I know I’m super late to the game but when I’ve asked my friends and family recently if they’d seen Full Bloom on HBO Max they all said no. So maybe you haven’t seen it either? If that’s the case, GO WATCH IT. It’s the most incredible floral competition and the love and support the contestants and judges have for each other is so beautiful. I believe Em has recommended this show too, probably in her DesignStar post, so you now have two people telling you it’s worth the watch! I actually got my dad hooked on it and he’s called me multiple times to discuss. It’s a show for everyone. They are a little over halfway through the second season (it comes out every Thursday) and I REALLY want a third one so again, please watch:)

Fourth Of July Sales

Hi, hello, Caitlin here! Taking a break from my big sale roundup posts to just bring you the best of the best this weekend. I took a peek at your favorite retailers and pulled together the sales that y’all seem to be the most interested in! Without further ado, here’s some details for those looking to spruce up their homes…

  • The Target sale is REALLY great – up to 25% off furniture, outdoor furniture, and rugs PLUS an extra 15% off select items. This is the best sale I’ve seen from Target so far in 2021!
  • West Elm is offering up to 70% off for their warehouse sale and the selection is GOOD GOOD. We’re talking $9.99 FOR FURNITURE, GUYS. (Not a typo or a mistake. Go peek at the inventory!!!)
  • Wayfair is offering up to 60% off select items; AllModern is offering 15% off orders with code GET15. I am very into this round cocktail ottoman from the former and this SUPER cool console from the latter.
  • Grab 20% off ready-to-ship furniture at Anthropologie (plus an extra 40% off sale items). Furniture sales at Anthro are RARE – even during holidays – so this is a real surprise treat!
  • The Pottery Barn sale is okay. (I kid – there’s a lot of great stuff available, like this stunner of a bookcase, but I’m just bitter that my current dream bed did not go on sale.)
  • Conversely, huge fan of the Rejuvenation selection this weekend. The lighting, decor & rugs (planters down to $38 from $129, guys!!!), and furniture sections are the real winners here.
  • I already gave you the DL on the Serena & Lily sale, but all of their outdoor pieces are super beautiful and 25% off is a GREAT deal.
  • St. Frank is an EHD favorite for beautiful textiles and decor (check out Key’s office for proof). They are giving 20% off the St. Frank’s summer getaway essentials with code: HOTHOTHOT.
  • CB2‘s sale actually basically shot my eyebrows off my face – it’s way better than I expected. Up to 25% off in-stock furniture, up to 30% off outdoor, and up to 50% off clearance – it’s their best offering in recent memory. (Or at least, since I’ve been tracking sales stuff. Either way.) Highly recommend this trunk/bench for entryways and bedrooms and these bookshelves, which are worth every penny at any price TBH.
  • World Market is offering an extra 20% off curbside pickup orders. Get out there, pal!!
  • Grab 15% off fans and hardware at Schoolhouse. Big fan of this butcher paper holder and of these very sweet signs.
  • Last but not least, there are a ton of limited-time sales over on Chairish this weekend. (If anyone wants to Venmo me $1800 bucks for these dining chairs…you know where to find me :))

And for those looking to fill any holes in their wardrobe…

  • J. Crew is offering some NUTS savings – up to 70% off regular prices for their end of season sale. And don’t forget J. Crew Factory (aka my favorite store), which is offering 40% off site-wide. If y’all are about to head back into the office (!!!) or if you’re just trying to look a little more put together, these are worth checking out.
  • Nordstrom has a bunch on sale, but IMO you should wait til the Anniversary Sale to pull the trigger on any orders. (Advanced previews kick off July 6th, though, so do some early browsing to score those deals when they come up!)
  • Oh my, Farm Rio is offering 25% off sale items and you can bet that I bought this dress on Friday night!
  • EHD fav Vitamin A is offering up to 30% off animal print swimwear. (If you need a refresher, you can check out how their suits fit our actual bodies in this post.)
  • Grab an extra 50% off sale items over at Levi’s site this weekend. I’ve traditionally been a Madewell/Abercrombie loyalist when it comes to shorts, but some of these are looking REAL CUTE and REAL CHEAP.
  • Use code SUMMER to take an extra 25% off sale items at Shopbop. (But also beware, because I somehow just spent a good 20+ minutes clicking through their inventory. What a well merchandised and curated selection!!)

THE END! Thanks for spending time with us this Sunday! Now go get yourself a hot dog. Bye!

Opening Image Credit: Design by Hoedemaker Pfeiffer | Photo by Haris Kenjar

The post The Link Up: Jess’s VERY CUTE $30 Cordless Lamp, Ryann’s One-Size-ACTUALLY-Fits-All Swimsuit, And The Best Sales Happening This Holiday Weekend appeared first on Emily Henderson.



from Emily Henderson https://stylebyemilyhenderson.com/blog/best-fourth-of-july-sales

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Back Patio Reveal! (+ How Everything’s Held Up To 6 Months Of Portland Weather)

The light at the end of the construction tunnel is getting bigger and brighter every day – we are hoping to be fully blinded by June. So i...