Sunday 11 July 2021

The Link Up: Ryann’s $30 Jewelry Cleaning Machine, Caitlin’s Go-To Wallpaper Source And The Lamp We Fantasize About Buying

Hello and welcome back to The Link Up –– Episode: 7/11/21. Now, you probably already know this, but it’s a national holiday here in America… it’s free Slurpee day at 7Eleven. If you’re waiting in a long line in the hot sun to go get one, good for you and if you’re not, that’s definitely gooder for you (yes we know gooder is not a word, we’re just joshing you). Alright enough with the jokes and Slurpee talk, let’s dig right into The Link Up.

If you watched the Goop Lab on Netflix and like colorful homes, you’re gonna love this week’s home tour. Welcome to the totally charming & bold brownstone of Goop senior beauty editor, Megan O’Neill. Both Megan and her husband LOVE color (y’all their kitchen cabinets are magenta and incredible), so they made super intentional choices to have their home be a full representation of who they are. This home is totally eye candy, full of color, vintage, pattern, so go check it out!

From Emily: I’m 70% sure I’ve talked about the show “Making It” around here, but basically my entire family is OBSESSED. It’s such an inspiring competition to watch, everyone is so talented and not to mention they are all SO NICE to each other (which is always refreshing in a competition show). Also, I recently found out one of our readers, Becca is on the show and she has this really cool creative/interior design studio you guys should check out. Their website is very very fun.

From Ryann: My best friend recently surprised me by getting me this ultrasonic jewelry cleaner for my engagement ring and all I can say is it is slightly obnoxious how much my ring sparkles now. I hate when soap or lotion gets stuck to my ring and makes the diamond look cloudy and this gets all of that gunk off so easily. I use it for my other, cheap jewelry and it works wonders. I think this would be a great wedding or engagement gift if you are looking for one!

From Emily (Bowser): Waaaaaay back at the beginning of the pandemic, I worked quite a bit on our backyard and got four of these amazing Tamarak Chairs from CleverMade. I liked the idea of them because they are very handsome, comfortable and best of all, easy to move around and store. They proved to be the best during the pandemic where the only hope for human connection was having people over to your backyard and sitting as far apart as humanly possible. I could throw up a cute set up in the middle of our grass while Andrew and I could be (yards away) on our patio. I wouldn’t want to keep them full time in the middle of my grass because I wouldn’t want my irrigation to ruin them, but they are so easy to fold up and put away when not in use. I hate that outdoor furniture (if comfortable) is usually hard to protect, gets gross with weather and exposure, and becomes landfill material in a few seasons. I can tell after over a year, we will have the Tamarak chairs for years to come. They are sold out often and I noticed they got more in stock this week so get them while they last!

From Albie: Not a product but I have been obsessing over this site ever since moving into our home, but especially now. With outdoor living on my mind, I have been wanting to learn more about gardening to make sure I can maintain or be yard & garden. Even though there’s tons of resources out there on gardening, very few spoke to me. I love that she’s a woman of color & she shares relatable information. The day she decides to write a book, I’ll def be her first sale! 

From Jess: I might have purchased this outdoor (but could totally be indoor) coffee table for a secret project:) The best part is it’s still $100 off. I would go now if your outdoor space needs a really pretty coffee table:)

From Caitlin: Guys, my (inside) MOTOs are cooking with gas after two straight years of debilitating design paralysis!! I just officially ordered some dining room wallpaper that I’ve been lusting after for six straight months – because you know, had to make sure that it was the one – and I just wanna share my excitement with somebody! I recently discovered Wallpaper Direct and have been blown away by their selection (tons of Morris and Sandberg for fans of classics; tons of new brands for those who are looking for something updated!). O and the pricing is unbeatable (the rolls of the wallpaper I got, in particular, are usually like $180/per on other sites, but they average out to about ~$100/per here). I bought 70+ samples before officially pulling the trigger on this one and the shipping time for those was super quick, too. BIG FAN, highly recommend for all wallpaper needs (or for just fun Sunday browsing :))!!

Also From Caitlin: Must-follow IG account: Balto Baggins. He’s a 4-year-old black lab who lives in Norway and spends his days chasing balls, playing in forests, wagging his big otter tail, doing lots of tippy-taps, and swimming in the most idyllic spots I’ve ever seen. They post every day and it’s truly a digital resting point for me – watching their clips takes my stress level down several notches. Plus, all my childhood dogs were black labs, so I’ll always have a soft spot for a big, happy, cuddly pup 

From Mallory: This coffee table and this accent table are both VERY good for how affordable they are. If I had somewhere to put them they would most certainly be mine…

Also from Mallory: If I had $1,000 to spend on a lamp, I would without a doubt spend it on this one.

Thanks for tuning in! Now go enjoy your Slurpees 🙂

Opening Image Credit: Design by Studio Nato | Photo by Annie Schlechter | Styling by Benjamin Reynaert | Home of Megan O’Neill | via Domino

The post The Link Up: Ryann’s $30 Jewelry Cleaning Machine, Caitlin’s Go-To Wallpaper Source And The Lamp We Fantasize About Buying appeared first on Emily Henderson.



from Emily Henderson https://stylebyemilyhenderson.com/blog/how-to-clean-jewelry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Back Patio Reveal! (+ How Everything’s Held Up To 6 Months Of Portland Weather)

The light at the end of the construction tunnel is getting bigger and brighter every day – we are hoping to be fully blinded by June. So i...